Helpful
Replies

RV320 Some Questions

Daniele A.
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to all,

I bought an RV320 and after a couple of days of testing, I have some questions:

• Is there a way to view all the connected devices to the network (ARP table?)? I understand that the RV320's CLI has only 2 commands.
  • Is there a way to setup a L2TP/IPSEC (no PPTP) VPN and connect to it via the Windows built-in VPN client and via the Android built-in VPN client? If yes, where I can find an exaustive guide? Every article I found is not working =O
    I only managed to connect via the EasyVPN + Cisco VPN windows client but I'd like to have a more native method to connect (that, again, is not PPTP).
  • Does forwarding a port also automatically opens a that port on the firewall without having to create a rule?

Thank you for your help!
Daniele

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ami Xiao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Daniele

1. As I know, you can only view the connected devices thru few places, e.g.dhcp status, ip&mac binding,lldp and bonjour, CLI not support shows ARP table.
  2. Since windows and android built-in vpn client more like l2tp over IPsec, I don't think it can connect with rv32x, u should be use third party vpn client to do it, something like greenbow, shrewsoft...etc.
  3. You can find the currently listening port on log→processes page, seems rv32x does not open the forwarding port, probably by adding iptables rule to achieve the goal.

Regards.

Ami

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ami Xiao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Daniele

1. As I know, you can only view the connected devices thru few places, e.g.dhcp status, ip&mac binding,lldp and bonjour, CLI not support shows ARP table.
  2. Since windows and android built-in vpn client more like l2tp over IPsec, I don't think it can connect with rv32x, u should be use third party vpn client to do it, something like greenbow, shrewsoft...etc.
  3. You can find the currently listening port on log→processes page, seems rv32x does not open the forwarding port, probably by adding iptables rule to achieve the goal.

Regards.

Ami

Thank you for your help Ami