Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320, specific traffic through specific wan port

Michiel Beenen
Level 3
Level 3

Hello all,

I love the RV320, one of the best routers i've bought in years and it works like a charm with our Fiber connection on WAN1 and Coax Cable on WAN2.

The only question I have right now, i know it is possible to sent specific traffic (DNS,HTTP etc) through specific WAN ports.

But would it also be possible in some way to say *.website.com traffic will go through WAN port x only?

Specific apps we use are only available through an IP coming from the provider we use on WAN2 (cable coax), so it would be handy if we could say that if app this or that and/or website is being called, auto serve it through WAN port x.

Is this possible and if not, something cisco could  add?      

4 Replies 4

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Michiel,

Thank you for reaching Small Business Support Community.

Besides the service management options available I do not see a particular feature to accomplish your needs. I work on this community forum as an analyst and I am going to mark this post as a business opportunity for improvement of the device.

Thank you for your comment and please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is anything I may assist you with in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

ktavadia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Micheal Beenen,

I believe the following article will help you:

Dual WAN Configuration on RV320 and RV325 VPN Router Series

Thank you.

Kurush Tavadia

Thanks for your help but i already knew all that, the current way it can detect services yes and sent specific services to a specific WAN port, but thats not what i wanted I basically wanted specific DNS lookups to go through specific wan ports. For example trailers.apple.com if that is being requested on the LAN, then auto go over WAN2.

Not sure if you are still looking for an answer. If the features are the same the rv340. You should be able to say Any IP on LAN to the Static IP of the Website and route traffic thru a particular WAN port.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: