Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 static ISP subnet

thomaskrampe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

First of all I'm a Layer 7 Guy and have only basic knowledge about networking. With that knowledge I have problems configuring a RV320 (v1.1.1.19 (2014-12-01)) with a static IP subnet from my ISP. I have a /29 subnet with a FritzBox Cable as simple cable modem (no firewall functions etc. on the FritzBox). I have one IP address configured for the WAN1 interface (90.xxx.xxx.206). The second IF is configured as DMZ. Now I would like to forward the remaining public  IP addresses with different ports to servers in the dedicated DMZ.

To be more clear:

Cable Modem (90.xxx.xxx.201)

WAN1 90.xxx.xxx.206 (subnet 90.xxx.xxx.200/29) GW: 90.xxx.xxx.201

WAN2 / DMZ: 10.0.0.0/24 (different 8 port Switch)

LAN1: 192.168.1.0/24 (different 24 port Switch)

There is no connection / route between LAN and DMZ (other than the RV320) (separate interfaces configured on the VMware hosts)

I'm not sure if I have to configure the RV320 as Gateway or Router. The current settings are Gateway. I attached a little diagram to make things more clear (hopefully).

Thanks in advance.

Thomas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cchamorr
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, 

I created this document to configure something very similar to what you are asking here. I think this will fit your purposes just fine.

Please see the attached document and let me know if it was helpful to you.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

cchamorr
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, 

I created this document to configure something very similar to what you are asking here. I think this will fit your purposes just fine.

Please see the attached document and let me know if it was helpful to you.

Thanks cchamorr, that's exactly I configure it by myself. The only difference is that at my RV320 I have Port forwarding rules configured as well. Nice to have a reference document.

Thomas

I'm very glad this worked for you.

Thanks for letting us know

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: