Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

[RV320] - Stops forwarding traffic

Hi Everyone,

I have a problem with the router known as RV320 (running firmware release 1.1.1.19).

Every 4-6 hours, the router stops forwarding traffic to the WAN port. The only way to get things working is a reboot.

Only one WAN port is connected; the other is not connected and disabled.

I have tested with pings and DNS requests with a workstation and on the device itself.

Everything works fine just as long as the destination IP addresses are internal (and not external).

I have tried disabling and enabling several features such as:

- Port forwarding and port translation

- LLCP

- VPN's

- Disable and enable network service detection by gateway and DNS lookup.

- Factory reset and manually building the config from scratch.

Does this sound familiar? Any workarounds/solutions?

Thank you - Will

4 Replies 4

Bump - nobody?

I've run in to a similar issue using my ISP DNS as it is dynamically assigned. The way I fixed mine is statically assigning the DNS server. Kind of weird but works. You can use whatever DNS you want but for some reason my router just didn't like getting it assigned dynamically.

Hope that helps.

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

I just did the upgrade to version 1.2.something.

That solved this one - running stable now for about 12 hours - never happened before. :-)

Joshua Beatty
Level 1
Level 1

This is happening at regular intervals and reboots are fixing it so looks like a software.

You are on the latest firmware which is good.

Have you attempted to ping an external IP address from the client or router when it is in the failed state to eliminate a possible DNS issue?

Have you turned on logging and set up a syslog server on your network to collect the logs, this could point you to a potential source of the issue.

If the device is still under its phone support warranty you could call Cisco Small Business Support and we could provide more in depth troubleshooting of that issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: