cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 to RV340 Tunnel

trevor.stuart
Level 1
Level 1

My end goal is to have an RV340 at the head office, and a mix of RV320's/RV042's at remote locations. 

The locations do not NEED to talk to each other. As long as the Head office can communicate with all of them at the same time and they to the head office.

A mesh would be ideal - any to any communications, but not required.

I DO need to pass Multicast traffic via these tunnels too. 

From the reading it appears I want to setup a GRE tunnel on the RV340. And use the FlexVPN on the remote sites.

When doing this do I ALSO build a site to site tunnel, or should I be able to get everything using just GRE Tunnel/FlexVPN?

In tests I get the GRE tunnel on the 340 to say "Connected". But I'm not able to ping any remote client devices. Issue 2 is the remote clients will not indicate they are connected at all. 

I could really use some guidance on this. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, the only way to achieve this with a mix of RV042 RV320 Rv340 is to use IKEv1/IPSEC tunnels between all routers.

Best
Jo

If I drop the RV042 does that help things? There is only actually 1 of those, so replacing it with a 320 wouldn't be a huge issue.

I can get IKEv1/IPSEC tunnels going seemingly easily. My issues are the GRE tunnels, although maybe I don't need those? Only reason I thought I did need them was for multicast.