cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 v1.1.1.06 Bugs + Feature Requests

matthew1471
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but here's a list of my observations from playing with the new RV320:

Bugs:

1. Mirror Port feature allows you to still interact with the network (which is not the behaviour of your small business switches) allowing your host PC to respond to received traffic causing a traffic amplification attack against the router (I think anyone complaining about the web-interface being slow may have encountered this!).

2. IP & MAC Binding - Editing an existing entry which contains a space (i.e. "Nexus 7") causes the space to be dropped upon edit.

3. DNS Local Database - Can create an entry such as "NAS" that would need to be queried as "NAS." to make the feature work as intended, the router domain name has to be appended i.e. "NAS.Router" if "Router" is entered in Network->Domain Name, for clients to find it by "nslookup nas". Default behaviour should be to append the domain name if no "." is specified (either in the interface or querying the DNS server should behave as if it was specified).

4. Impossible to set a Daylight Saving rule for the UK. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Summer_Time

5. DHCP Status table periodically loses all entries.

6. Errors in "Incoming Log Table" :

2014-01-09, 00:38:06    Kernel    kernel: i2c i2c-0: Failed to register i2c client rs5c372b at 0x32 (-16)

2014-01-09, 00:38:06    Kernel    kernel: i2c i2c-0: Can't create device at 0x32

2014-01-09, 00:38:06    Kernel    kernel: gre: can't add protocol

7. System Statistics "Sessions" and "New Sessions/Sec" always say 0.

8. Help for "System Statistics" and "Processes" is very limited (and not helpful).

9. Clicking "Enabled" or "Disabled" against USB1 or USB2 does not contain a hyperlink to the "USB Failover Settings" tab of the selected interface under Setup->Network where the operation mode can be set to "Disabled"

10. Processes like "webBoot" appearing and using port 22088 in the Processes table and "HTTP Server with SSL support" on ports like 5443.

Feature Requests:

1. Ability to choose which port is mirrored (LAN2, LAN3, LAN4, WAN1, WAN2, VLAN1.. etc) and potentially the destination (i.e if we are not using WAN2 why not make it an option to be a mirror port destination?).

2. Tables to be sortable ASCending/DESCending by clicking on the column.

3. "Enable Mirror Port (Port 1)" renamed to "Mirror All Traffic (To Port 1)"

4. Web API or Proprietary Telnet API (or even just experimental SSH access) option so we can programmatically add items to the firewall rules table (fail2ban etc).

5. The option to choose what gets syslog'd and what gets written to the flash memory's log (worried about device longevity with all the logging turned on).

6. Bandwidth Management cannot set an IP to have a particular priority. The priority only lists services (with no IP address control) and the Rate Control only lists particular rates (but for specific IPs).. would like to say something like 192.168.1.5 has "High" priority.

7. Some of the columns to be sensibly sorted by default instead of the order they were entered.. for example IP & MAC Binding should be sorted by IP address.

8. A wider range of Dynamic DNS providers supported (1 for Europe/America and 1 for China is not really enough!). Perhaps an API/standard for this too so we can make our own.

9. Ability to route all web traffic via a HTTP proxy (like Squid). Sometimes called a transparent web proxy.

10. Ability to ban an IP after they fail to correctly login to either the VPN/Web Interface/SSL VPN etc.. to prevent bruteforce attacks that will eventually succeed.

34 Replies 34

Hello Cisco, any news on the update?

I have 3 routers RV320, errors "kernel: i2c i2c-0: Failed to register i2c client rs5c372b at 0x32 (-16)" and crash routers too. All routers with firmware 1.1.1.06

Hello Michiel,

The new firmware 1.1.1.19 was just released today. Please download it here:   https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284005929&flowid=43302&softwareid=282465789&release=1.1.1.19&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Regards,
Cindy

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

Cindy,

Thanks, always good to see a new firmware (particularly one that updates OpenSSL this year!). I've found a couple more bugs and some of the feature requests didn't make it into this release, so I'll create a new thread for the V1.1.1.19 Bugs + Feature Requests.

Regards,
Matthew

fv
Level 1
Level 1

Other issues include not being able to save changes made to the SSL VPN page. and losing https web access to the router. SSL VPN has the problem on the current firmware as well as the previous. The web access problem is new. Get it together Cisco, the RV220 has so many issues with multicast, the 320 is our last try otherwise we are giving up on SB.

Hello,

Did you had a chance to work with our Support Team to investigate the root cause for this issue? If not, I would request you to do so. This will enable our Engineers to understand the root cause for the failure and suggest solutions that may address the issue.

SBSC Contact information: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Nagaraja

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: