cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 - vlan on Wan Port

renanrduarte
Level 1
Level 1

Here in Brazil VIVO (from the spanish Telefonica group) is recently providing fiber links.

Their fiber link is being splitted into 2 vlans: one for their IPTV (vlan id 20) and another for internet (vlan id 10).

So, when they install on your house or company, they install 2 boxes: 1 ONT (Optical Network Terminaland 1 router (which connects to the ONT and does the PPPoE auth on VLAN 10 and creates the internal VLAN for the IPTV - id20). 

So, is it possible to replace their router with the RV320 and create tagged / untagged VLAns on Wan Ports and assigning ip address on each vlan (PPPoE for internet, DHCP for iptv)?

The topology is basically like this:

[Fiber Cable]

1. ONT
    [Ethernet Gigabit]
  2. Router
    [Ethernet / Coaxial]
  3. Network Devices
    1. TVs (coaxial connection provided by 2. Router)
    2. PCs (wireless /ethernet connection provided by 2.Router)
8 Replies 8

renanrduarte
Level 1
Level 1

Guys, 

This message was written 4 months ago and we have no anwers at all here..

DD-wrt (open source firmware) provide this feature. Would not be possible to include it on a further release?

DD-WRT screenshots:

DD-WRT - Feature

Hello, 

Thank you for sharing the information about the DD-WRT firmware on other devices.Unfortunately the RV320 is not capable of such a feature, it is just not designed to do that.

On the other hand we do have one unit that is capable of such configuration, it is the RV315W router. 

Here is a link to the emulator for the unit so that you have an idea of its capabilities.

http://www.cisco.com/assets/sol/sb/RV315W_Emulators/RV315W_Emulator_v1.01.03/index.asp.htm

The feature you are looking for can be configured by going to Port settings, WAN, Wan interface settings, then you can configure the desired VLANs. 

I'm not sure that this device is available in Brazil. If it is not available then you may have to consider using enterprise units or other devices.

Please let us know if this is helpful.

Hello,

I live in Netherlands and I see in the Cisco Small Business Online Device Emulators page, in the RV315W section, that this router not available in Netherlands.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/911/cisco-small-business-online-device-emulators

But in the link below you can see that for the ordering the RV315W, there is a part number for Europe.

http://www.cisco.com/web/ANZ/solutions/industry/segment_sol/small/products/routers/rv315.html

Thanks,

Do you find it available for purchase in Europe, but outside of the Netherlands?  It might just not be available in the Netherlands for some reason.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Hi Guys,

I have the same problem. OI Fiber in Rio de Janeiro (the same service provided by VIVO in Sao Paulo), and I am trying to use RV320. As stated RV320 cannot permit VLAN creation in WAN port, so it is impossible to use it for such services. Apparently RV315W not work also because we need to clone the original router MAC address in the WAN port of RV315W and I can not see this option in the mentioned link. I am trying to use Miktrotik or ASUS router to do this simple task. Appreciate comments about ?  Thanks in advance for any help. Regards Marcos Silva

Many routers half the price or less are capable of vlan on the wan port.

works (probably all ASUS N routers)

- Shibby Tomato Firmware 1.28.0000 MIPSR2-124 K26 USB VPN works

- And my new favourite, EdgeRouterLite works

I recommend the EdgeRouter....

All the best,

R

Thanks rpotter28  . I was really expecting that Cisco would implement this feature on the rv320.. but anyway, good to know about the EdgeRouter. 

Thanks

Edgerouter is pretty awesome.  Once the gui catches up with the command line for programming, there won't be any router out there that's better for the price by a long shot.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: