cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 VPN disconnect every 8-10 minutes

Larys
Level 1
Level 1

I set up a VPN on the RV320 router. It could be working fine for a few days. Then it happens "VPN Client: Reason 412 - The remote peer is no longer responding". At the beginning, the issue could be fixed after reboot the router. Recently, it becomes worse. The issue happened again since yesterday. Even though I rebooted it, the issue is still existing. I had upgraded the firmware to the latest 1.5.1.11. Disabled WAN2.

Can any one see this issue before, do you have any solution for this issue?

It is the first time to try to use RV320 router. Is it reliable?  

3 Replies 3

rkonklewski
Level 1
Level 1

I'm seeing something similar with an RV340, which is being used as a VPN gateway. It seems that heavy VPN traffic causes the router to reset its WAN interface, which then becomes defunct and non-responsive. I first observed the issue on Friday when multiple clients started simultaneously downloading large files over VPN (heavy upstream traffic). It didn't happen before when only 1 or 2 clients were transferring files. With multiple clients it only takes a couple of minutes before the interface goes down. Is that similar to what you're seeing?

Both unplugging/replugging the WAN cable, and disabling/enabling the WAN interface fixed the issue only for the next couple of minutes. The best workaround was going to QoS -> WAN Bandwidth Management menu and lowering the router's available upstream bandwidth to 85% of our link's capacity. With this change the router has been stable for a couple of days now.

My clients have two monitors, one computer uses RDP, another open the file in the file server. They might open some large files. Let me try to monitor the bandwidth as what you said.

It is still not stable. vpn client works only 8-10 minutes, then can't ping the internal IP address even though the vpn client is still connected.