cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 - Web Filter - Not filtering social media

justanitguy
Level 1
Level 1

Good day! So, we we've been using various RV320's between offices and needed a solution to block employees from using social media during working hours. I know there are multiple ways to handle this, but we needed a new RV320 anyways, so I hunted down the RV320 with web filtering (after learning that we could block social media) and made the purchase. Well, for the life of me, it won't block social media. Gave up on the Categories and tried to blacklist facebook.com, www.facebook.com, https://www.facebook.com. Still, nothing. I'm asking on here before I return the router and try another route...

Thank you,

James

3 Replies 3

justanitguy
Level 1
Level 1
bump

justanitguy
Level 1
Level 1

So, it's safe to say no one has knowledge in regards to the Web Filter feature on the the RV32* models?

akashar2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi James ,

While selecting category you can opt custom and check the options as per your requirement.

Please add facebook.com in domain name under blacklist options in exception list .

Now try to use facebook after clearing cache of browser or check in another browser . Your required websites will be not working . Please find the snap attached for same 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: