cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325: DHCP problems

x88dually
Level 1
Level 1

rv325 running for 2+ yrs with 3 dhcp ip address range. On 8/03 increased dhcp range to 25 available ip's. Tried adding 4 AP's to network, but dhcp WON'T assign ip addresses to any of them.   Firmware is latest version.   HELP.

12 Replies 12

greg.zoll
Level 1
Level 1

Are you trying to add Static IP's?  Check IP/Mac binding and see if they are under Unknown MAC addresses.  There are times that they will not show up in the DHCP status page.

not static, the AP's wont get a static ip until theyre assigned an ip, then adopted into the network first, then i can make them static. Mac's arent in unknown mac addresses. Plugged ap's directly into rv325, tried different ports, different switches, different cat6's, even tried it on an Amazon FireTv/Roku. The Roku did get assigned an ip, but wireless not lan (which i need). NO ip's are given out. Reflashed firmware, rebooted. Spent 6 1/2 hrs yesterday tring to get 1 ap on network.

I'm ready to throw this POS out.

You can manually assign any device that allows it, to have a Static IP and then go into the unit and plug in the MAC ID and Static IP, without having to have the unit to do a discovery.

Something that you are doing is not working for those Access Points, especially if you have not gone in by hooking them directly to your computer first and change the settings.  Access Points out of the box can be set to behave as a WiFi only router and if you do not go in and change them to become Access Points, a Static IP with the Gateway and DNS being the RV325, you will have issues.

I have a RV320 set as Dual Stack behind my U-Verse Gateway.  The U-Verse is 192.168.1.254 and my RV320 is set for the LAN as 192.168.2.1, while the unit gets its WAN side info from the Passthrough of the U-Verse Gateway.

The Roku if WiFi only when it gets an IP from an Access Point that is incorrectly configured, it will not know how to find the RV325, if the Access Point is not setup with a Static IP, so that you do not have to go hunting for it in the DHCP side of the RV325.

I have my Engenius EAP1750H set at 192.168.2.84, 255.255.255.0, Gateway is 192.168.2.1, DNS is set for Open DNS, since the majority of traffic that goes through that AP is out to the Internet.  All that my Macbook needs to know is that it is told by the AP that it knows it is connected to my RV320 and that it can find it at 192.168.2.1.

The AP's are AP's, 3 ubiquiti unifi ap ac pro an 1 unifi ap ac lr, they come with 192.168.1.20 default. My scheme is 10's, The only way in unifi software to change ip's is to adopt it thru dhcp, then make it static.

Problem fixed after 2 days of flashing firmware and resets (thru restore factory defaults and physically hitting reset button).

Ty for the help

I would do a IP/MAC bind still and file a ticket with Ubiquiti.  I was looking at them when I was looking at replacing my old Engenius 2.4ghz A/P and decided to go with the EAP1750H.  The fact that Engenius also updated the firmware to allow for handoff and the extra channels for the 5ghz sold me on it.

I have seen too many people posting that they have had problems with the Ubiquiti's and ended up swapping them out with other units.  They should not be resetting unless it is a firmware issue or you are using the software for looking at them may have a glitch.

It wasn't the AP's fault, the router's dhcp just wasnt working. I reset ip's on a Am Firetv, 1 laptop and 1 pc. Nothing got assigned an ip from the rv325.

I try to keep every static just for this reason. Roku doesnt allow you to set a static address.

After a bunch of resets on rv325, dhcp's finally working. And now all the AP's have static addresses, and i did put them in the Ip/Mac binding section.

Greg, thx for your help.

No problem.  That is odd that it took a few resets.  I had the same issues as the TP-Link that I have for standby.  I have had my 320 for so long that I finally had to swap out the CMOS battery.  Two of the screws are under the feet.

I've had my 325 for 2 3 years now.   And i did 6 or 7 resets between software and button on front.  And some of the  ip's still stayed in the ip/mac unknown addresses.section.

I too have the same problem for long CISCO PLEASE SOLVE THIS ISSUE I HAVE GOT 10 ROUTER OF THIS MODEL FOR OUR BRANCH OFFICE TO CONNECT VPN PLEASE UPDATE FIRMWARE SOON

Hello Harishg61 and all,

I would recommend contacting the Technical Assistance Center for more indepth troubleshooting of this issue.

Please let me know if you do or don't have the capability to do that.

Glenn

These units do not have much available RAm to handle high volume info with VPN.  Have you tried using OpenVPN, since it has become the normal method of using VPN.

You may want to look at stepping up into the newer line that Cisco has.

These units are great for home use and very small branch offices that need a always connected VPN to pull from the btanch office servers.

Cisco is not going to push a firmware update for these units, since they are getting very close to their End of Life time.

Was wondering about this. My RV325 blew out its DHCP server on Friday. Setup up another DHCP server on a separate server to get the crew working again. Was wondering if resetting the the router would cure it. I guess so, but worried it will just do it again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: