cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325 DMZ / ssh

wayfaring
Level 1
Level 1

Submission page ate original lengthy post, here's the abridged version - why does SSH over the internet to a DMZ'd 2911 router behind an RV325 fail to get any response yet I am able to access its telnet and udp services?

4 Replies 4

stpa67001
Level 1
Level 1

Found a dmz guide somewhere here on Cisco's site but i have lost the link, luckily i saved the document - see the attached file.

-EDIT-

Just saw you tried to run SSH over NAT and that will not work unless you have a reverse ssh tunnel setup so google "reverse ssh tunnel" or "ssh over nat".

That document is actually far more informative than the dmz section of the administration guide and explains some other issues I ran into testing the port as dmz device instead of WAN2 device. won't know if this method gets around the 2911 ssh problem until a later date, but thanks.  I'm assuming when the dmz port is used this way though, it then is no longer possible to have 2 different ISP cable/dsl modems - only WAN1 will be an option instead of WAN1 & WAN2?

You are correct

If you want to use DMZ and have two WAN connections at the same time, try the "DMZ Host" feature (under "Setup"). You can connect the 2911 router to a LAN port and no need to convert WAN2 to a DMZ port.