cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325 does not keep a PPoE connection. It last over a few seconds after a power failure event, then reset over and over

FTLane1966
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have an RV325-K9 V01with the latest firmware available in the support page (v1.5.1.11) and the issue is when I have a power failure, when the router restart it does not keep the Internet connection constantly. The router reset the connection over a few seconds over and over again, doing impossible to work over Internet.

I have to make a soft Reset of the router via the configuration page. Once reseted the router the PPoE connection keeps normally active.

Any workarround about this issue?

Sincerely.

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i have seen some others users reported the same issue, but i did find the reason why it can be fixed.

but worth try below options :

1. if any new firmware available upgrade.

2. reset to factory (by taking config backup) - restore it and test.

3. buy a small UPS which can hold the breath of the device to save your time and fustration.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

HI BB, thank you for your suggestions.

Obviously the most cheaper & fast solution is to reset the router via the configuration page and then the router will work fine till the next power incident. Thanksfully I have very few power failures but when they occur it is a mess with the router. As I said before, I am using the latest firmware versión available in Cisco page.
What I need is a new officialy firmware from Cisco that patch this issue. Do you kow how to ask Cisco for a solution?

Thanks in advance.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

its not the best i have offered - but that is reality.

also its not best to do, can you lower the version one below stable and test it ?

1.3.X was hearing to be stable ? (i am not a good user of the product, this based in the user inputs).

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: