Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325 Easy VPN does not work if Split channel is selected

r.odstrcil
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I have my RV325 Router configured to use Easy VPN connection from outside.

My setting for Tunnel mode is Full Channel. Connection from Android mobile works.

But it is connected to default VLAN1.

When I change Tunnel mode setting to Split channel, Android device cannot connect.

It does not matter if I set it to VLAN1 or the other desired one.

Does somebody know, where is the issue?

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you configure Split tunnel you can only able to access the rest of the required resources of the internet use your DSL, here is the example, hope you followed same guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb4296-configure-easy-client-to-gateway-virtual-private-network-vpn.html

when it is not connecting what Logs you see on RV side and what is the error you get in device ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I followed that configuration guide.

My Android phone says that connection was unsuccessful.

0 connection tunnels connected in the Router.

Router log is:

Dec 17 21:37:58 2020 Name VPN Log: [grpips1][2] xx.xx.4.0/24=== ...yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy===? #34: [Tunnel Authorize Fail] RC5_R16_B64_CBC is not enabled for this connection.  Attribute OAKLEY_HASH_ALGORITHM

Dec 17 21:37:58 2020 Name VPN Log: [grpips1][2] xx.xx.4.0/24=== ...yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy===? #34: [Tunnel Authorize Fail] peer proposed key length not enabled for this connection.  Attribute OAKLEY_KEY_LENGTH

Dec 17 21:37:58 2020 Name VPN Log: [grpips1][2] xx.xx.4.0/24=== ...yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy===? #34: [Tunnel Authorize Fail] received Hash Payload does not match computed value

Dec 17 21:37:58 2020 Name VPN Log: [grpips1][2] xx.xx.4.0/24=== ...yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy===? #34: [Tunnel Established] ISAKMP SA established

Dec 17 21:37:58 2020 Name VPN Log: [grpips1][2] xx.xx.4.0/24=== ...yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy===? #34: [Tunnel Established] received XAUTH ack, established

Dec 17 21:37:58 2020 Name VPN Log: [grpips1][2] xx.xx.4.0/24=== ...yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy===172.16.100.102/32 #34: [Tunnel Established] sent ModeCfg reply, established

suggestions :

1. After changing the config reboot and try.

2. check is this bug you may be encountering :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-routers/rv325-login-issue-after-upgrading-to-1-4-2-15/td-p/3185089/page/2

BB

Thank you, but unfortunatelly I did not find working answer there.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

after change the config have you rebooted and tested ?

BB

I activated Restart (reboot) from web interface. After that it was the same = no sccess in Split mode.

Btw: I have to say that such reboot took incredibly short time (1 - 2 s) and I did not have to login again. Is it ok or is there something wrong?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: