cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325 EasyVPN goes down after a few hours

werner
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, I just got a brand new RV325 for private purposes and so far I have upgraded the firmware to the latest version immediately and most of the stuff runs stable, however I run into a problem.

I have enabled EasyVPN and got it running with IOS/Android/OSX and Windows, however while the router generally seems to run stable the vpn server however stops working after 3-4 hours of uptime. I cannot connect to the VPN server from outside anymore until i go to the vpn settings and save them again which seems to restart the internal VPN server again.

Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with this problem?

3 Replies 3

werner
Level 1
Level 1

Ok seems like I have to reply to myself.

I finally found out that the problem is the osx ipsec client, it simply fails on 2 out of three connects, the same goes for IOS, if someone can pinpoint me towards working clients for OSX/IOS I would be grateful.

The funny thing however is that a connection to a CISCO ASA server my employer uses works without a hitch with both clients.

Also the Windows with the ShrewSoft client as well as Android with the integrated VPN IPSEC client works without a hitch with the rv325.

Ok I resolved my issues differently, I now have attached a Linux server which serves an OpenVPN access, that works reliably in OSX and IOS.

Anyways, is there a possibility to report a bug to Cisco regarding this? It is strange that an ASA IPSec VPN connection works reliably on OSX/IOS while a RV325 EasyVPN connection does not work properly. Given the install base of IOS this might be a bug worthwhile investigating on the side of CISCO.

Hi werner@gmx.at,

If you would like to open a bug case, please call our Small Business Support Center. Contact information is located here: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Explain to the technical engineer that you would like to report a bug. 

Thank you!

Cindy

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!