cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325 - one public IP to many private IPs?

k.jedraszak
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Just bought Cisco RV325. I tried to set-up port forwarding config us below:

Public IP X.X.X.5, port 443 -> Private IP X.X.X.44, port 443

Public IP X.X.X.5, port 80 -> Private IP X.X.X.52, port 80

A time ago, it was posted that public to private forwarding can be done by One-to-One NAT and Firewall Rules.  But unfortunately, when tried to do that I received this alert: "Some Public IP addresses are already on the list. You cannot add it to hte list again."

Does RV325 support the configuration: one public IP with many ports to different private IPs?

3 Replies 3

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi K, in theory this should be done on the Firewall page. One thing may be true, you may have to create one last rule that is a "permit any any" or a "deny any any" kind of like a standard IOS ACL to filter the request correctly.

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Did this ever get solved?

I have set up a firewall rule and the port in the forwarding table and the port still is not open on the public side.  Ports are the same either side

Joshua Beatty
Level 1
Level 1

There are 2 places you can do this, if the port # is the same outside and inside you would use Forwarding under Setup. For this create a Service under Service Management, input the start and end ports for the range that needs to be forwarded and direct it to the private IP address by selecting the service and associating it with an internal IP address. Make sure you check the status check box to enable the rule.

If you need to change the ports such as 

Public IP X.X.X.5:81 -> Private IP X.X.X.10:80

you would use Port Address Translation, this allows you to add a public port and a private port that it will be translated to. Once again you create the port numbers within Service Management and then associate that service with an internal IP address. Once again, make sure you check Status to enable the rule.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: