cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325 Router not compatible with autonomous Aironet 3702i AP?

tommybjornsgard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

I just connected an Aironet 3702i AP, which is converted to autonomous, to the RV325 SMB Router (using a POE injector). The router is again connected to a bridge modem (Hitron CDA30360). All items have got the latest firmware. When trying to access several websites through the AP from a computer, I get a bunch of TCP Retransmissions, which ends in reset. The strange thing is that this does not happen if I replace the RV325 with a cheap Mikrotik router. With the Mikrotik, everything is fine and stable.

Any ideas?

I thought Cisco < --- > Cisco was failsafe :)

Regards,

Tommy. 

6 Replies 6

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you plug directly into the RV325 using an Ethernet cable do you have the same issue?

No. Everything is fine when I connect a computer directly to the RV325 using either of the ethernet ports.

Tommy.

Can you try a different cable between the 3702 and the RV325?

Does the RV325 report a full duplex Gigabit connection to the 3702?

New cable didn't help. Even tried a shielded cat6 of 40cm. Both units report 1Gbps with full duplex.

Tommy.

Hi Tommy,

Any luck with this issue? I am having the same problem with 3602i, 3602e and 2702i Autonomous APs. The problem started after converting these APs from Lightweight to Autonomous and sites like Cisco Support site to open a TAC case won't open anymore ( https://tools.cisco.com/ServiceRequestTool/scm/mgmt/start ).

I have a TAC case open with the wireless team but it looks like more of an issue with RV32X series router. Let me know if you find a solution.

Regards,

Sumit

The issue I have is exactly the same. I converted a 3702i to autonomous.

I agree that the RV32X seems to be the issue.

Unfortunately I don't have any solution, but the only thing I can think of is some sort of proprietary protocol or functionality which screws up everything.

Please let me know if you find a solution :)

Tommy.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: