cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Cisco Small Business Community

Have a question? Click on a topic board below to get started in the community.

Views
Helpful
Replies
dk001
Beginner

RV325 VLANs NOT SECURE (allows InterVLAN traffic and Device Management access despite being set to DISABLED)

I am having issues with VLANs in that they don't appear to be isolating anything and allowing traffic/management freely. 

Setup: 

I have 2 specific VLANs, shown as Alpha and Beta below. Alpha is on Port/Lan 14 and Beta is on Port/Lan 7. As can be seen in the screenshot below, Inter VLAN routing AND Device Management are set to DISABLED on BOTH VLANs. 

However, I am able to ping any host machine from Alpha to Beta and vice versa despite Inter VLAN Routing set to DISABLED. I am also able to access Device Management from both VLANs despite being set to DISABLED. 

I am running the latest firmware v1.4.2.22 (2019-04-02). 

Did I miss some buried setting somewhere or is the RV325 not doing what it's supposed to do? Input appreciated. 

VLAN_settings.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Update: The only available firmware prior to the latest/current is 1.3.2.02 dated from 2016 so gave that a whirl. Side effect is downgrading resulted in a complete router reset -- settings and all. 

Good news is that it worked with the same configuration as above. Bad news is because all settings were also reset, I don't know what caused it the problem originally. Ultimately a full reset via the firmware downgrade and setting everything back up, while painful, did the trick. I then upgraded it back up to 1.4.2.22 and it still worked. 

Thanks for the confirmation Jo. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jo Kern
Cisco Employee

In my case it works just fine.

2019-08-07_16-33-21.png2019-08-07_16-32-33.png

Update: The only available firmware prior to the latest/current is 1.3.2.02 dated from 2016 so gave that a whirl. Side effect is downgrading resulted in a complete router reset -- settings and all. 

Good news is that it worked with the same configuration as above. Bad news is because all settings were also reset, I don't know what caused it the problem originally. Ultimately a full reset via the firmware downgrade and setting everything back up, while painful, did the trick. I then upgraded it back up to 1.4.2.22 and it still worked. 

Thanks for the confirmation Jo. 

View solution in original post

Jo Kern
Cisco Employee

Sorry for the hassle.

Jo

dk001
Beginner

Hi Joe, 

Appreciate the feedback/data point. I'll try it with your earlier firmware version and see if it makes a difference. 

Best,

Dan