cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325 VLANs NOT SECURE (allows InterVLAN traffic and Device Management access despite being set to DISABLED)

dk001
Level 1
Level 1

I am having issues with VLANs in that they don't appear to be isolating anything and allowing traffic/management freely. 

Setup: 

I have 2 specific VLANs, shown as Alpha and Beta below. Alpha is on Port/Lan 14 and Beta is on Port/Lan 7. As can be seen in the screenshot below, Inter VLAN routing AND Device Management are set to DISABLED on BOTH VLANs. 

However, I am able to ping any host machine from Alpha to Beta and vice versa despite Inter VLAN Routing set to DISABLED. I am also able to access Device Management from both VLANs despite being set to DISABLED. 

I am running the latest firmware v1.4.2.22 (2019-04-02). 

Did I miss some buried setting somewhere or is the RV325 not doing what it's supposed to do? Input appreciated. 

VLAN_settings.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Update: The only available firmware prior to the latest/current is 1.3.2.02 dated from 2016 so gave that a whirl. Side effect is downgrading resulted in a complete router reset -- settings and all. 

Good news is that it worked with the same configuration as above. Bad news is because all settings were also reset, I don't know what caused it the problem originally. Ultimately a full reset via the firmware downgrade and setting everything back up, while painful, did the trick. I then upgraded it back up to 1.4.2.22 and it still worked. 

Thanks for the confirmation Jo. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In my case it works just fine.

2019-08-07_16-33-21.png2019-08-07_16-32-33.png

Update: The only available firmware prior to the latest/current is 1.3.2.02 dated from 2016 so gave that a whirl. Side effect is downgrading resulted in a complete router reset -- settings and all. 

Good news is that it worked with the same configuration as above. Bad news is because all settings were also reset, I don't know what caused it the problem originally. Ultimately a full reset via the firmware downgrade and setting everything back up, while painful, did the trick. I then upgraded it back up to 1.4.2.22 and it still worked. 

Thanks for the confirmation Jo. 

Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sorry for the hassle.

Jo

dk001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Joe, 

Appreciate the feedback/data point. I'll try it with your earlier firmware version and see if it makes a difference. 

Best,

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: