Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325 Won't boot - solid lights on power, VPN, USB1,2 and DMZ

johnCoreUK
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This has happened to us on two of our RV325s. When powering on the device all lights except DMZ are lit, they do not flash they remain solid. Pressing reset for 10seconds or longer does not do anything. I've tried putting the latest firmware onto a  usb stick and plugging in on boot but no luck with this either. We cannot access the web gui, and the device does not pass traffic.

Both firewalls are currently useless. Is there any other way of resetting these devices?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

ktonev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi  johnCoreUK,

If a factory reset is not helping the best way to resolve this will be by calling the support centre to open a service request for both units and an engineer will assist you further.

Thanks,
Kris

raluani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi John,

Try pressing the reset button for more than 10s - until all LEDs light up.

Try pushing the firmware with TFTP (tftpd32). For that you would need to assign a static IP on your PC.
If you need the recovery procedure or assistance with it, please call our support line.

Depending on you location, after opening a case with Cisco support and troubleshooting with us, we could replace the device for you.

Overall the best thing to do is follow my colleagues advise and call our support line.

Hi,

The system boots with all lights on immediately, the lights stay on and do not blink to indicate it's going through any kind of startup process. This is the case for both devices. 

JeH
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

even though this is old, I want to add some of my observations for other to help.

When you successfully went through firmware recovery but still having problems booting the RV325, it might be worth switching out the power supply and try again.

I bought an RV325 online that was sold "not working". Firmware recovery via TFTP was fine but when booting, all ethernet port led's were blinking like crazy and the router never fully booted. It would end up with all ethernet ports lit solid green and eventually power cycling.

After using a replacement power supply all works fine!

Good luck...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: