Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 - 5 minutes connection cut

Randy1849
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
I have a RV340 router and for a few weeks now, we have some cuts in the internet connection, always lasting for 5 minutes. The ISP is Telenet (Belgium), and their modem is configured in bridge. We are sure that the problem is not with the ISP or other device. When there is a cut, I see in the RV340 logs "mwan3track: Interface wan1 (eth2) is offline" then 5 minutes later "mwan3track: Interface wan1 (eth2) is online". Since I deactivated the Network Service Detection on Wan1, the problem is still there but there is no more log saying wan1 online/offline. I joined log, the last cut was on 30/11 between 15h57 and 16h02, but I can't find an explanation from the log. Anybody can help me ? Thanks

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref : https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-routers/cisco-rv340-router44808b-wan-interface-continuously-down-and-up/m-p/4477590#M41968 check these opinions and or apply if valid.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Randy1849
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I saw this topic, as I have only Wan1 in use, I disabled the NSD, saved and rebooted the router. Sadly it didn't resolve the issue. The weird thing is that the cut is always 5 minutes. I can't find any setting speaking of 5 minutes or 300 secondes in the config. Thank you.

- Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/RV340/Administration/EN/b_RV340x_AdminGuide.pdf

>...WAN Settings
     >....
     >...Connect Mode : Select Connect on Demand if your ISP charges when connected. Enter the maximum
idle time, in seconds, to wait before terminating the connection due to inactivity. Default
is 5 minutes.
Select Keep Alive to periodically check the connection, and to re-establish the connection
when it is disconnected.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Randy1849
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
As I'm currently remotely, I'll have to wait until Thursday to make the change, to be sure I can undo if something is wrong. I'll keep you in touch. For information, the Connect mode is for the moment DHCP and not PPPOE.

Randy1849
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
Sorry for the delay. We changed the WAN1 from DHCP to PPPoe, with the "Keep alive" option, sadly it didn't work, we had to reboot it to go back to the previous configuration. Still in DHCP, but I don't think it's the good solution, as the problem did not appear after 5 minutes, but last 5 minutes. We disabled the Policy Based Routing as it was no useful and not very well configured, but the problem is still there. Do you have any more idea ? Do you need some infos ?
Sincerely

- I have no further insights in this issue , if needed escalate the issue  = Cisco : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html  , 

M.