Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 - 802.3ad Support?

Hello,

Documentation for RV340 does not mention support for link aggregation 802.3ad protocol.

Does the RV340 support it?

One goal is to aggregate for increased throughput, not port mirroring for packet capture/analysis.

Any suggestion for this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

RV34X does only supports 'Static Link Aggregation' and not 'Dynamic Link Aggregation'.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Your reply does not answer the question. The link aggregation in the RV340 appears to be for port mirroring purposes, not actual aggregation for any other purpose. Is that the case or not?

In short answer NO, its not meant to dedicat for Mirroring. you can use any other purpose to connect to other device.

Hope this helps you. ( or did i misunderstood your question) ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

RV340 port aggregation with 802.3ad protocol support is the question.

Your answers do not say anything directly about that.

Hi,

As per the data sheet, RV340 does not support 802.3ad protocol.

Data Sheet link:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/small-business-rv-series-routers/datasheet-c78-742350.html

MattLewandowsky
Level 1
Level 1

If your question is merely whether you can use a Link Aggregation Group on an RV340, the answer is yes. It may not specifically support 802.3ad, but I just defined the ports on both my RV340W and the destination HP switch as a LAG and (for me) it Just Works (tm).

Note that on the RV340, you can only do this on LAN ports 2, 3, and 4. It doesn't support a LAG on port 1, and it doesn't seem to be documented why.

I've attached a screenshot of the (minimal) interface available within LAN -> Port Settings in the UI.