Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 and multiple WAN IP addresses

dataIP
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I know similar questions have been asked, but I can't see that the question actually got answered...

I have an RV340 and need to have multiple IPs on the WAN interface which get mapped to various internal IPs in the network.

Connection to the ISP is via PPPoE.

In my existing 897VA plus ASA setup, I define a VLAN interface on the 897, this has my router's IP and a netmask suitable to include the WAN IPs.. eg. ip address 1.2.3.46 255.255.255.240 which gives me a 16 IP netblock.

This is repeated for our /64 allocation of IPv6 addresses. Simple enough.

On the ASA, again I can define an interface with a netmask that encompasses the netblock we have. Simply, from here I can define static NAT from defined external hosts to the internal IPs as required.

I don't see any method of defining a subnet mask on the RV340. This seems really basic stuff, so I assume I am just missing something.

Also, frustratingly, I don't seem to be able to define any objects. It looks like I have to 'hard code' IP addresses rather than use a descriptive name eg. 'mailserver'.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

RV Series consider as Small business Router - they are not like enterprise kind level what you expecting to do.

so there is Limited features you can do, some model support PBR - some are dont.

Only best you can do is WAN Failover config (if PBR support you can route based on VLAN) - or based in Traffic .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaznTPYTTwU

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for the reply,

It is interesting, we only ended up with the RV series due to failing to get a solution with an FPR1010*.

I actually thought that the higher end RVs should be able to do this basic stuff pretty easily.

*The FPR1010 doesn't seem to work properly with PPPoE (something to do with MTU), but I wasn't able to fully solve that either (FPR1010 is 'live' on a site and I can't afford the down-time so front ended it with another Cisco router to do the PPPoE).

Other issues with the FPR1010 is that it doesn't look easy to arrange fail-over to a mobile network - but that is for another thread.

nagrajk1969
Spotlight
Spotlight

Try the SNAT (Static-NAT) page in Firewall

You have your local-lan ip-range of ipaddresses...

You have a public-ipaddress subnet say 1.2.3.48/28 (255.255.255.240)....

- so assign first ipaddess 1.2.3.49/28 to the wan1 interface

And in the Static-NAT page...give the starting ip-addr in the range for Public-IPaddr. Do the same for the Internal-IP-range...