cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 Antivirus Significantly Slows Download Speed

JasonReg416LGK
Level 1
Level 1

So after some trouble shooting of slower than anticipated Download speeds with the RV340 (latest firmware - 1.0.03.18) I am finding that when IPS is enabled, the throughput is not negatively affected (as expected and as depicted in the chart on the "configuring Antivirus on the RV340" page, however when I enable antivirus I see the download speeds drop from 946Mbps down to around 150Mbps down.  Upload (which is limited to 30Mbps up from my ISP) does not seem affected.  

This is after a reset to factory default settings.  Is this a limitation of the antivirus processing on the RV340?  I have 1Gbps service and the downloads have been stable at around 920 to 950Mbps since.  

I appreciate any assistance in advance.

20 Replies 20

Same thing....works great now. You will never get full speed with IPS & AV enabled as there is an overhead for that. I am impressed with how little the overhead is now that its working properly.

@Martin Aleksandrov  Thank you for helping with this! Sending this thread along with the support request got it right to the correct person.

You’re welcome!

cristimv77
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue on RV345. Once AV is activated, the speed drops around 150Mbps also from around 450Mbps. Is this beta available for public? Will this issue be considered in the next official release?

Hello,

The beta release is yet not available for public. Most probably this fix will be included in the next firmware release but for now please open a case with the STAC and they will be able to provide the firmware.

Regards,
Martin

The licenses on my AV and IPS ran out so it's not even enabled on my router and I am only getting 80MBps download and 20MBps upload.  My service is 250MBps download and 20MBps upload.  When I remove the router, I am getting 250MBps download and 20MBps upload.

Anyone have the same problem?

JasonReg416LGK
Level 1
Level 1

The issue I had experienced and described above was fixed in firmware releases for the past several.  Assuming you are running the latest firmware, I do not suspect it is the same issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: