cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 - Can ASA Anyconnect/Apex license be used?

db62
Level 1
Level 1

We are planning the purchase of an ASA 5506-X with an Anyconnect/Apex L-AC-APX-LIC= / L-AC-APX-5Y-S1 25 pack of licenses.

At another of our sites we have a RV340.

Question: Can we take 1 of the aforementioned Anyconnect licenses and use it with the RV340?

Yes, the RV340 takes Plus licenses, but Apex licenses incorporate all Plus license functionality (from the Cisco AnyConnect Ordering Guide)

In theory. Does it work in practice?

Thanks in advance.

10 Replies 10

db62
Level 1
Level 1

No reply.

Let's try this again.

So I buy the RV340 because of its SSL VPN capability.

Then I find out that, oh by the way, I have to buy licenses in order to use it! And no demo license available (there is for the ASA). Gee, thanks! 

Not only that, but the licenses come in a 25 pack. Hello? The "S" in "SMB" stands for "Small". 5 licenses maybe? Not 25.

Then I look into the ASA 5506 for another site. And the obvious question is, can I use one of the 25 ASA Anyconnect/Apex licenses for the RV340?

No answer.

Thanks so much.

D

wycalero
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good Morning,

If you already have the AnyConnect software you can use it with the RV in order to connect to the VPN, the only license that you will need to purchase for the RV is the server license that is LS-RV-ACS-25-1YR.

You have a trial period on the router but ones this time expire even do you have the AnyConnect active you will not be able to connect without having the license for server set on the router.

Regards.

I thought the first 2 licenses  were included without buying anything?  I am not sure about licenses so correct me if I am wrong.  I own a RV340 router so I would like to know.

Capture25.PNG

Good Morning,

What you have there is the evaluation mode license for the SSL VPN that will allow you 2 AnyConnect connections to the router, after this evaluation mode is expired you will not be able to use the SSL VPN on less you purchase the license for the server.

Regards.

Hi Thomas,

- any Anyconnect User License which gives you entitlement for the Client software will work. We recommend L-AC-PLS-LIC= Qty=25 Duration=12 as it is the most affordable.

- If you use a mobile phone with IOS or Android you can download the client on the phone without payment from the app stores.

- On the RV340 itself you do not need a license.

On the RV340 with sw 1.0.02 you have 2 tunnels enabled for free, with sw 1.0.03 you have 50 tunnels enabled. On the client site you can use any Anyconnect User license model. You just need  the current client on your end device.

Hello, I know I am late to the party, but the information regarding this issue is scarce...

Do I understand you correctly that there are no additional CLIENT licenses required to enable multiple parallel SSL VPN connections on the RV340/345 if the AnyConnect software is already available? So it is only necessary to purchase the SERVER license to do that?

Hello!

I´m considering buying Rv340 or rv345 vpn router and need to know which VPN solution is the best/ most favorable  for 2-3 users.
Gateway-gateway connection with multiple routers OR
Anyconnect which is packed for 25+ users,
Pls don´t give me "ask our local partner".

We don´t have a server only a desktop which we need to access.

Which anyconnect license do I need for 2 or 3 users?

B.r.

Thomas

Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes , that will work.