cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 Client-to-Site VPN Settings for GreenBow Client

fmarshall
Level 1
Level 1

I've done quite a few site-to-site VPNs with Cisco Small Business Routers.  But I've never done one from scratch for Client-to-Site.  I'm converting the site from an old Netgear router with a Cisco RV340 Dual WAN VPN Router and have a few questions:

I've been reading the procedure at: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb5748-use-thegreenbow-vpn-client-to-connect-with-rv34x-series-rout.html and I've been reading about Creating User Groups at: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb5853-create-user-group-vpn-setup-rv340-router.html. 

Where I don't quite get the gist of the approach there.  Are the Users real individual users with certain characteristics?  Or, are the Users just aliases?  I don't see how real individual users would match up with the GreenBow client entries where there is no User .. ?

Also, the GreenBow / RV340 article doesn't match very well with the actual GreenBow client software I'm using.  It's close but some things are quite different.  

I'm doing this in a "lab" environment to make it easier but still haven't hit on the magic formula.

One other question is:

Since these are Client-to-Site setups where the clients are moving around and having various different IP addresses, what does one use for Local Identifier and Remote Identifier?  If I choose for Local Identifier: Local WAN IP in Edit a New Tunnel, it doesn't fill in the space below for that.  And what to use for Remote Identifier?

In the User Groups EzVPN/3rdParty

Step 7. Choose a profile from the Select a Profile drop-down list. The options may vary, depending on the profiles that have been configured on the VPN gateway.

Even though a profile has been set up, there ARE NO profiles in the drop down list! ??

So, that's a show-stopper.

I appreciate any help as this is the first-time thought this particular device and with client-to-site setup.

2 Replies 2

nagrajk1969
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Fmarshall

For vpn-server c2s config for Greenbow and Shrewsoft vpn clients using only IKEv1-IPsec, the below are the steps and the c2s-server config screenshots are given....you need to use the IDs used in the server on the client-side as well by interchanging....

Step-1:

In System-Mgmnt, create a user-group say named "testgroup1"

Step-2: Next in user-accounts section...create accounts (for the remote ipsec clients to login) in the user-group

Ste-3 Go to IPsec Profiles and create a algorithm profile for IKEv1

Step-4, got to client-to-site page and follow the attached screenshots...

Step-5: Configure the Greenbow IKEv1 client...

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Marshall,

Here is a more recent guide on how to configure the GreenBow client. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OcCuCWBCoE

Regards,

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: