cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 Client-to-Site VPN Settings for GreenBow Client

fmarshall
Level 1
Level 1

I've done quite a few site-to-site VPNs with Cisco Small Business Routers.  But I've never done one from scratch for Client-to-Site.  I'm converting the site from an old Netgear router with a Cisco RV340 Dual WAN VPN Router and have a few questions:

I've been reading the procedure at: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb5748-use-thegreenbow-vpn-client-to-connect-with-rv34x-series-rout.html and I've been reading about Creating User Groups at: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb5853-create-user-group-vpn-setup-rv340-router.html. 

Where I don't quite get the gist of the approach there.  Are the Users real individual users with certain characteristics?  Or, are the Users just aliases?  I don't see how real individual users would match up with the GreenBow client entries where there is no User .. ?

Also, the GreenBow / RV340 article doesn't match very well with the actual GreenBow client software I'm using.  It's close but some things are quite different.  

I'm doing this in a "lab" environment to make it easier but still haven't hit on the magic formula.

One other question is:

Since these are Client-to-Site setups where the clients are moving around and having various different IP addresses, what does one use for Local Identifier and Remote Identifier?  If I choose for Local Identifier: Local WAN IP in Edit a New Tunnel, it doesn't fill in the space below for that.  And what to use for Remote Identifier?

In the User Groups EzVPN/3rdParty

Step 7. Choose a profile from the Select a Profile drop-down list. The options may vary, depending on the profiles that have been configured on the VPN gateway.

Even though a profile has been set up, there ARE NO profiles in the drop down list! ??

So, that's a show-stopper.

I appreciate any help as this is the first-time thought this particular device and with client-to-site setup.

2 Replies 2

nagrajk1969
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Fmarshall

For vpn-server c2s config for Greenbow and Shrewsoft vpn clients using only IKEv1-IPsec, the below are the steps and the c2s-server config screenshots are given....you need to use the IDs used in the server on the client-side as well by interchanging....

Step-1:

In System-Mgmnt, create a user-group say named "testgroup1"

Step-2: Next in user-accounts section...create accounts (for the remote ipsec clients to login) in the user-group

Ste-3 Go to IPsec Profiles and create a algorithm profile for IKEv1

Step-4, got to client-to-site page and follow the attached screenshots...

Step-5: Configure the Greenbow IKEv1 client...

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Marshall,

Here is a more recent guide on how to configure the GreenBow client. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OcCuCWBCoE

Regards,

Martin