cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 Client to Site VPN

pico88
Level 1
Level 1

can anyone help me how to configure Client to Site vpn. this is my first time to use RV340

6 Replies 6

wycalero
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good Morning,

You want Client to Site IPSec VPN or PPTP? with IPSec you will need to use a 3er party software in order to connect but with PPTP you can used the built-in client from Windows.

Regards.

Good Morning,

Yes. Client to Site IPSec VPN, i have install cisco vpn client

Client to Site IPSec VPN, i have install cisco vpn client

Hi, 
My name is Iliya Gatsev from Cisco Technical Support Team.

I think it would be best if you could call our support line and open a support ticket, so we can do a WebEx remote session and check the configuration.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco STAC Network Engineer
Together we are the human network .:|:.:|:. CISCO

Clientsfrom the Internet can connect to the server to accessthe corporate network or a LAN behind the server. This feature creates a new VPN tunnel to allow teleworkers and business travelers to access your network by using third-party VPN client software. To configure the Client-to-Site, follow these steps: Step 1 Click VPN > Client-to-Site. Step 2 Click Add and the IPsec Client-to-Site Groups table will be displayed. Step 3 To add a Client to Site connection, click Add. Step 4 In the Add a New Group section, select an option (Cisco VPN Client or 3rd Party Client). Step 5 For Cisco VPN Client, configure the following: Enable Click Enable to enable the configuration. Enter a group name. This is used as an identifier for all the members of this group during IKE negotiations. Group Name Interface Select the interface (WAN1, WAN2, USB1, or USB2) from the drop-down list..

This helps the OP set up his router, but says nothing about setting up the client.   And the OP never told anyone what his client-side computer looks like.      There is an old software offering by Cisco, isn't it called "QuickClient" that provides the client-side VPN (for an IPSec VPN?), in an old Windows computer.     Won't work at all on Windows 10.      Supposedly works on Windows XP and Windows 7.      Too bad Cisco didn't update it.