cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 CPU always 100%

oa
Level 1
Level 1

The rv340 is configured with two wan ports load balancing with latest firmware 1.0.03.16 and sent log's each hour.

I don't what is the problem!

Oscar Azevedo

3 Replies 3

Jaderson Pessoa
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hello,

How many users are connected on this device? If you disconnect lan interface, still happening cpu usage?
Othes case were solved by: fix it by disabling the "WAN Traffic Meter"

Is there an other topic on the community reporting this case: https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-routers/rv180w-cpu-on-100-all-the-time/td-p/2357853

I hope that i can help you.
Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

Hello,

Disconnected one of wan interface cpu 100% disapear. I think the problem was, in multi-wan tab, I haved the "Enable Policy Based Routing" checked without any policy defined (this is set by default). Unchecked and the problem disapear!?

Thank you,

Oscar Azevedo

RV340 is pegged at 100% CPU.
35 devices active on the LAN at most.
Latest firmware.
Single WAN port connected.
The admin GUI is extremely slow to log in and respond for any click to clunk. GUI often times-out and must log in again.
Throughput from WAN to devices and throughput between devices on the LAN slows - tested with various speed tests.
How to tell the cause?
What process/function is overloading the CPU?
And of course, how to fix this?
If a router firmware function overloads the CPU, then it is clearly a bug.
Please advise.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: