cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 CPU Pegged at 100%, Unresponsive Admin GUI - Bugs Evident In Licensed Security Features

RV340 is pegged at 100% CPU.

Do NOT purchase the Cisco RV340 Series Security License LS-RV34X-SEC-1YR=

Those security functions are extremely buggy.

No VLANS.
Latest firmware installed.
Single WAN port connected.

35 devices active on the LAN at most.

The configuration is a very simple home use LAN.

The admin GUI becomes unresponsive.

Throughput from WAN to devices and throughput between devices on the LAN slows dramatically - tested with various speed tests.
Trial and error disabling then again enabling the licensed security features identifies these as the buggy functions on the RV340 router.

The only work-around now is to reboot router every couple of days or disable licensed security functions.

This is unacceptable.
Firmware security functions that overload the CPU must be fixed by Cisco.

Please advise.

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I agree and understand the how frustrated when we buy a product which not works as expected, at the same time think on product point of view, how deliberately vendor look to fix since their name in the market gets spoiled.

Have you raised any TAC case with SMB for this issue and ask or a press for resolution?

I know every product not 100% confident today fast phase - user looks for new new new every day to meet the demands.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I have not submitted a case.

I have not and will not purchase a support contract.

The router is relatively new and under warranty and the Security License is the first time I have purchased such a license for a basic SMB router, expecting that the licensed security functions at least don't disable the router.

It is ridiculous to expect that obvious bugs are not addressed.

I have the same problem with my RV345P!!

rv345p-cpu-100-bad-througput-extremely-slow-web-interface 

I didn't buy the license but I wanted to use IPS ant antivirus security during the evaluation time.

The same day (or after a few days) the router becomes unresponsive to GUI and WAN.

No fix from CISCO yet!!!