Helpful
Replies

RV340 DHCP buggy

Gman12345
Level 1
Level 1

I have an RV340 with firmware 1.0.01.17

• DHCP can't be disabled on VLAN1. No matter what it just serves IPs
  • I have configured DHCP on VLAN 10 with a range 192.168.10.50-80 but for some reason it starts distributing IPs starting from 192.168.10.71

I know it's a new device but I'm not impressed so far  :(

6 Replies 6

cchapposa
Level 1
Level 1

I have had a RV320 which i must say was really happy with. The RV340 I can only describe as complete garbage. DHCP range 192.168.1.100 > First device connected 192.168.1.135. and then random from there W.T.F. I can get a cheap tplink router that can do a better job. And don't get me started on boot times. Does not matter if its a cold boot or just a re-boot its going to be 3min at least. This RV340 is suppose to be the wiz bang upgrade from the RV320. You have to be kidding. DrayTek Vigor boot time 15 seconds. Waste of money!

Hello Dear Customers,

We really apologize with any inconvenience this firmware may have caused.

There is already a latest version 1.0.01.20 that you can find on the link below:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/routers/rv340-dual-gigabit-wan-vpn-router/model.html#~tab-downloads

I would personally advised that if you have any inconvenience with this device you can give us a call to 1866-606-1866 and open a support ticket with TAC SBSC and we will be more than glad to take care of the issue and find the best solution for this.

Thank you for sharing on cisco support community.

Regards,

Hi there. Thank you for the reply. I am all ready using the latest Firmware v1.0.01.20.

Regards C

krishna_c
Level 1
Level 1
-I didn't see this DHCP disabled issue on my RV340 router.
-Distributing IP from DHCP pool seems to be following some logic. In my testing, though the DHCP server is configured with some IP range, router distributed IPs to my LAN client randomly (Not exactly starting from some random IP in the pool). IP distribution didn't follow the sequential order as well. In my test results, though my LAN client (released it's IP) went down for some time, the same previous IP is assigned without any MAC-IP binding. I felt this feature is good when my clients are allowed to expire its lease and come back again online after some time. I also accept in typical server deployments sequential IP allocation is more convenient, nevertheless, I have IP MAC binding feature in this router.

Hi, If this is suppose to be a feature I would be surprised. Over the past 20 years or so I have had plenty of Routers of different brands and have never seen any of them offer anything other than sequential IP addresses via DHCP including my old RV320. I have 3 VLANS configured and all 3 offer non sequential IP addresses. I actually find it very annoying. Yes i do have 2 devices configured with the MAC-IP binding function but that is not the point.  Look at the end of the day it really doesn't matter if its sequential or non sequential, it still works. All i am wondering is whether or not this is a bug? 

I do understand your point. This doesn't seem to be a bug for me. This would have been a bug if it doesn't follow a strategy for IP assignment. As I mentioned above, the test results seem that the same IP is assigned to a LAN host even if it is a random one from the configured pool. I feel Cisco would have not made it a default behaviour, rather there should be an option for sequential IP assignment as well. Let's see if Cisco considers this and include an option in future firmware releases.