Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 doesn't save WAN port configuration

Hello,

I have an issue with a RV340 router. When I edit a WAN configuration in the WAN Table the router doesn't apply the settings.

The procedure used is this:

- Check the box near the WAN i need to edit and click Modify.

- Modify the settings (i.e. setting up the interface as PPPoE or DHCP or Static IP...)

- Click apply.

But it doesn't work and the port returns to the previous settings.

How i can fix this?

Thank You

5 Replies 5

Mathias Garcia
Level 1
Level 1
Did you hit apply a 2nd time?
I believe that you have to hit apply on both the Add/Edit page and then again on the WAN settings page.

Already tried. But it doesn't work.

I noticed that when I press Apply on the Add/Edit page it returns to the WAN settings page, but doesn't save the settings.

Like Mathias GArcia is saying, please make also sure you hit Apply on the WAN GUI page.

Please check when you go to the Add/Edit page for the WAN interface again, a second time, that your changes are indeed there.

Also please check if the settings for DHCP, Static, etc. are immediately reflected on the WAN GUI page.

I think the GUI does not show the configured IP address immediately as it waits to bring the interface UP once. It reads from the operational attribute , not necessarily from the configured one.

I have done all the steps you suggest, but still doesn't work.
When I hit Apply on the Add/Edit page the settings are not reflected to the WAN GUI page. I try to configure both of them: an interface that is down previously configured with Static IP and one that is up and running with DCHP. Also already tried to save the configuration and reboot the router, but it doesn't work.

Maybe VLAN settings will affect this configuration? 

Sorry to hear. I suggest to open a support case and share your config with our support team   www.cisco.com/go/sbsc  , they might be able to help you quicker. You can also share some of the config you have here, but of course everybody can read it. The more info we have here the more we can try to check it out.