Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 forgets license every reboot

Seems like every time I power cycle the RV340, it loses the license key. Requiring my to reregister the device.

I enter the key each time and ensure that I have saved the configuration. But it does not seem to retain the registration between reboots. 

Any ideas what is causing this?

12 Replies 12

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Make sure apply for the License and SAve and commit the config.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Yes,

I have done that every time. As well as saving the configuration as a backup.

When I restore the backup, the registration key is also not restored. So unsure if I need to edit the XML to force it in there.

Hi William,

I'm sorry you're encountering this issue. The device should be storing the key. Which license are you trying to add?

As a heads up, you may create a case with TAC to help troubleshoot this issue, if an RMA is required they can also help with that.

Thanks,

Corey 

I'm using the Security License.

Sometimes it will retain the license after a reboot, but it's very intermittent.  Soft reboot it keeps it, hard (power) reboot it doesn't.

If I have to replace this thing I may just upgrade. I do miss having a CLI.

Hi William,

That is odd, the most similar issue I came across was in the release notes for an old 2018 firmware (v 1.0.02.16 - link). I wouldn't think you're running that old of a firmware but it does happen. One more question - is the license associated with your smart account? Link to corresponding article.

I miss having a CLI for this series as well, the follow up router to RV34x wont be out for awhile but since its still in development I will share your feedback.

Yes, the license is associated with my smart account; I reentered the key on the 29th after it dumped it last time.

LS-RV34X-SEC-1YR=

Smart Software Licensing Status
Registration Status:

Registered (Apr 29, 2021)
License Authorization Status:

Authorized (Apr 29, 2021)
Smart Account: ACM - Nat
Virtual Account: DEFAULT
PID: RV340-K9
Export-Controlled Functionality: Allowed

Forgot.

I am running the latest firmware. I'm sort of paranoid that way.

Firmware Information
Firmware Version: 1.0.03.21
Firmware MD5 Checksum: a7a796f915dcff7fdd1afe8a59da9ad3

Hey William,

Everything looks normal to me, if you purchased the RV340 in the past year you will be covered for a TAC case - link to submit.

If you're out of warranty on that end let me know and I will continue to try to narrow down the issue. If you do go the TAC route, please follow up with the solution. Please let me know if I can help with anything else!

Corey

Yup, outta warranty.  

if Im forced to, I guess I could spring for a RV345 off amazon and move the license to it. 

Bummer about being out of warranty. I'll ask around to see if anyone has any ideas for you. It may be Monday before I get the right set of eyes on this issue though. 

Thanks! I appreciate it!

Hi William,

Most probably the portal won't let you raise a ticket because you don't have an active support contract. Please open a tech support ticket by contacting STAC through one of the following phone numbers https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

The RV34x series come with Cisco LLW so opening a support ticket would not be a problem.

Thanks

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: