cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340-K9 V04 Mirror image not available and no restore options apparent.

raymondnichols
Level 1
Level 1

I have just up graded to the RV340 from the RV042G model.  I see that the RV340 with firmware 10.0.03.20 does not allow saving a mirror image. So how does one restore all the settings within the RV340 like was done in the RV042G mirror restore? Cisco's online help tutorials regarding the RV340 are out of date for the 10.0.03.20 firmware GUI.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yes it got source and destination - once you configure and device working as expected

you download Source as running or startup-config - the destination is your PC, so it downloads the config.

when anything circumstance the router crash, you need to upgrade to RV to the same version hope new version should also accept the backup config.

Source as PC - Destination is your current or startup config.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As per the latest - 10.0.03.20  - this is the latest for RV340, regarding mirror image, i do not believe this works on RV340, when you reset to the factory it automatically restored to original image as a base.From there you can upgrade to the latest version.

BB

I am not concerned regarding the process to restore the old RV042G I was only specifying that restore process .  I wish to know where there is an option or method to restore the RV340 with all my settings intact?  I see no options to restore the RV340 from an image since the option to create an mirror image is disabled now.  So how can I backup the RV340 so it can be restored with all the current settings? I hope it will not be necessary to re-enter all the settings if I have an unexpected issue with this router. 

Once the device configured and working as expected - then do the backup to your PC so you can restore back-  check  here

backup and restore available in - administration - configuration management (Copy/Save Configuration) ? is this what are you looking for?

BB

I do see an option to upload a file from the PC. Can I assume that the "Startup Configuration" file on the PC will install all of my settings back to the RV340?

yes it got source and destination - once you configure and device working as expected

you download Source as running or startup-config - the destination is your PC, so it downloads the config.

when anything circumstance the router crash, you need to upgrade to RV to the same version hope new version should also accept the backup config.

Source as PC - Destination is your current or startup config.

BB

Thank You!