Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 - L2TP

Viktor Jahna
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

anyone have experience with setting L2TP / IPSEC on RV340. According to the log after start it does not work at all. 

49 Replies 49

ktonev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Viktor,

My name is Kristian and I am one of the Engineers from Cisco Small Business.

Can you please elaborate more on the issue?

What is the device on the other end?

What settings are you using?

What are the exact log messages that you see on the RV340?

Regards,
Kris

Hello Kristian,

I need connect Windows 10. I tried many different setup of windows, but without success.

Print screen of router setting in the attachment.

When I turn on log of VPN and turn on L2TP, I can see errors below, so I think, that the service does not work.

VPN-cfg: Adding L2TP Over ipsec configuration...!

xl2tpd: setsockopt recvref[30]: Protocol not available

xl2tpd: death_handler: Fatal signal 15 received

Regards,

Viktor

Hello Viktor,

I suggest opening a support case with us so an engineer can look into your issue and assist you with the setup.

You can find the SBSC contact details here.

Regards,
Kris

Hello,

was this resolved?

VPN-cfg: Adding L2TP Over ipsec configuration...!

xl2tpd: setsockopt recvref[30]: Protocol not available

xl2tpd: death_handler: Fatal signal 15 received

I'm receiving the same exact problem. How can i resolve this?

I need to be able to connect  osx and ios devices to my RV345p router via l2tp and ipsec

I know how to set things up. my RV320 router worked for pptp with shimo program.

i can get pptp to work with windows 10 and rv340

I can do site to site vpn for rv345p to rv345p.

Ive tried every type of configuration with rv340 and tried to create an ipsec profile that will work with osx.

Please cisco engineers, try your self to connect your ios phone to this router. take it home, test it out,

what setting did you use?

my only other option is to use my old rv320 at home and do a site to site , but i want to be able to vpn when i am traveling. 

Please help!  others have the same problem, your recent video on site to site doesnt help anyone since we all know how to do that.  get l2tp and ipsec to work, without expensive certificates.

Im sorry Sir, you want to create a client to site VPN using PPTP, am I correct?

rickrossnc
Level 1
Level 1

Our experience trying to use L2TP/IPSec on the Cisco RV340 has been a nightmare of frustration! It appear to mangle the PSK and thus never manages to establish the encrypted tunnel fully. It is difficult to debug and certainly is not a pleasure to configure because no combination of settings gets it to work.

Also, the specs say it has CLI with SSH, but we can find no way to enable that. We have to use the clunky web interface to view logs to see what's happening as we attempt to connect the L2TP vpn.

has anyone found a way to do client to site connection using osx and ios?

ipsec isnt working with those os's

Good Morning,

Attach you will see a PDF file with the configuration need it for IOS devices and VPN IPSec with the RV340/345.

Regards.

CLI is currently not available on this router, it will be in future firmware realeases.

edubya
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever get this working?  I am having the same issue.  I am wondering if it's how I am trying to connect.  The manual doesn't say much, and it seems like every piece of cisco equipment varies so much how they do things.

I have no issues with SSL VPN using anyconnect, but I can't get L2TP to work.

What Operating System are you using?

I’ve tried connecting with windows 10, iOS and MacOS High Sierra.