Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 - L2TP

Viktor Jahna
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

anyone have experience with setting L2TP / IPSEC on RV340. According to the log after start it does not work at all. 

49 Replies 49

I believe this to be an issue with IPSEC itself.
It can't tell the difference between multiple tunnels between the same 2 public IPs.

Can you use a site 2 site vpn instead?
Another possible workaround would be to configure nat to use different public IP for different clients. (if you have the spare public IPs that is)

Still can't connect using l2tp with my rv340w. I tried the configurations found in this thread but without success. Maybe the new firmware requires different configuration?

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please find enclosed the L2TP configuration guide and follow the steps to set up the VPN on the RV and the Win10 machine.

Thanks

mimladen
Level 1
Level 1

There was an issue that Microsoft has fix regarding L2TP for Windows 10 and 11 an it may be the your case.
You can check this article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-health/status-windows-10-21h2#2773msgdesc

scott8601
Level 1
Level 1

All the above was helpful to learn and then I found the following document "L2PT VPN on RV345 for Windows 10.pdf" which discusses using Windows 10 version 20H2 and firmware version 1.0.03.21 with DH Group14 - 2048 bit, AES-256, and SHA2-256, along with enabling "Perfect Forward Secrecy" option.