Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 only one Subnet per VPN Tunnel

Isynth
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community,

I came across a shortage of the RV340 that is rather shocking but I hope the reason is my lack of technical knowledge.

I set up two VPN tunnels to one ASA.

First connects the local RV340 Network 192.168.1.0/24 to the remote ASA network 10.10.110.0/24

Second connects the RV340 Network to the remote ASA network 10.10.200.0/24

Both tunnels work well but I can not set up the RV340 to use both tunnels at the same time.

Reason is the remote identifier.

The RV340 can not use the same ISKAMP remote identifier for two different tunnels.

This is the error message I get.

Rv340Error.jpg

From my understanding creating two tunnels to the same Endpoint only varying the remote subnet should work without any extra effort.

Please correct me if I am missing something.

Also grateful for workarounds or solutions.

There has been a discussion about this issue a year ago but still no real solution.

rv345p-multiple-subnets-in-site-to-site-vpn

1 Reply 1

Isynth
Level 1
Level 1

as a workaround I have to use hostname and wan IP as idententifier for the tunnels.

So what I do DAILY is set the identifier on the ASA to hostname, connect one tunnel manually change back to IP and connect the second tunnel for the second subnet. 

So the router is technically capable of managing two tunnels to the same remote ip at the same time. 

Why set restrictions artificially?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: