cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 Packet Errors on LAN interface

train_wreck
Level 1
Level 1

We have been evaluating a RV340 device for a number of months. The latest firmware revision resolved an issues we had, but we have noticed one thing. On the "Status & Statistics" -> "Port Traffic" page, the LAN interface is showing persistently increasing packet errors:

packeterror.png

At the moment, there are 4 VLANs 10,20,30,40 configured on the RV340, and port 1 is configured as a VLAN trunk with all VLANs tagged to the connected switch. The switch at the moment is a Ubiquiti Edgeswitch 24, although we previously had a Cisco Catalyst 2960X in place. Both switches show zero errors on their interfaces. Multiple ethernet cables were tried (all new pre-fab), and the errors have persisted across at least one firmware reset/reconfig.

As far as I can tell, I am not seeing any other issues; is this perhaps a bug in the web interface? Or is the device truly having errors, and we need to have an RMA submitted?

5 Replies 5

Lee Cox
Level 2
Level 2

I am not seeing the same errors.  I had to rebuild my router from factory defaults for another issue recently but no LAN errors.  Here are couple snaps of my stats.  No errors. I am using a Cisco SG300-28 switch.

Capture23.PNGCapture22.PNG

train_wreck
Level 1
Level 1

An update on this... it seems to only happen on VLAN tagged interfaces. I separated the 3 VLANs currently in use into 3 physical ports on the RV340's "LAN" ports, instead of tagging all 3 on port 1. I no longer see packet errors.

It makes sense because I use a Cisco layer 3 switch for all my VLANs.  My RV340 router feeds the layer 3 switch not using VLANs so this is probably why I am not seeing the errors.

Hans-Rudolf
Level 1
Level 1

I've the same problem using a RV340 with newest firmware (1.0.03.16): I configured 3 VLANs (1, 2, 3) and use LAN port 1 as a trunk port with VLAN 1 (default) untagged and VLAN 2 and 3 tagged. This port ist connected to a trunk port of a Cisco SG300-28PP switch with newest firmware (1.4.11.04) having the same VLAN configuration (1 untagged, 2 & 3 tagged).

I also tried another RV340 router, different cables, checked out different port settings of the connected devices (with/without flow control etc.). Nothing makes a difference to that problem. No errors on the SG300 switch in all tested configurations.

So, it must be a bug. @Cisco : I was also able to reproduce that with a different switch (SG300-10). Please fix that.

Show ur SG300 config.
Its must have somth like this:

vlan database
vlan 1,2,3

and this

interface vlan 1
 ip address xx.xx.xx.xx 255.255.255.0
 no ip address dhcp

and ifnterface config like this:

interface GigabitEthernet01
 negotiation preferred master
 loopback-detection enable