Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 - SSL VPN Error

HI. I can establish SSL VPN connection for my RV340.

I get the following errors. 

Anyone would can help me?

2019-10-18T09:19:44+01:00 <error>log_sslvpnac: facility=SslVpn;msg=ERROR sslserver.c.989[743FF470] sslsever_send_data: Error: Incomplete write, -1 of 471 bytes written;

2019-10-18T09:19:40+01:00 <error>log_sslvpnac: facility=SslVpn;msg=ERROR sslserver.c.2370[704B7470] connection_thread: Error accepting SSL connection;

2019-10-18T09:19:40+01:00 <error>log_sslvpnac: facility=SslVpn;msg=ERROR sslserver.c.3146[704B7470] nonblocking_ssl_accept: Peer closed connection during SSL handshake,status:0;

2019-10-18T09:19:36+01:00 <error>log_sslvpnac: facility=SslVpn;msg=DEBUG sslvpn_aaa_stubs.c.105[743FF470] sbtg_authorize: ret 0.;

8 Replies 8

Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you use the Cisco Anyconnect Client ?

Yes, We use the Any connect client version 3.1.00495

I need to check, but I believe you need to be on version 4.

Jo

Honestly, these failed VPN connection attempts have NO binding to Cisco AnyConnect SW. Sorry Cisco guys, but tell me a reason or evidence what do you have for this opinion.

Based on firewall logs, I can see hundreds of similar attempts per month in times when evidently no VPN connection was initiated from my side. Also, the frequency of these attempts (5-10 within a few seconds) leads to the conclusion that these attempts are 3rd party common scan. As the firewall doesn't log directly the source IP addresses, I can only speculate, that a "number" in brackets is a HEX representation of DEC IP addresses (YY.YY.YY.YY HEX -> XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX DEC). If so, these IP address sources are from China (China Unicom, etc.).

I assume in your case somebody tries to connect to your router.

In the case below the SSL VPN feature on the RV340 when enabled allows connection from a client using Cisco Anyconnect Secure Mobility Client. That is the only function it has. Martin asks for help how to make that work.

I understand he tries to connect from his client and gets an error in the RV340.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-technical/tkb-p/4151-docs-small-business-tech-docs

Best

Jo

Looking at the documents you reference here, I cannot find where you address the specific errors mentioned in this thread.  

Any help with these error messages?  I have 2 VPN clients and we keep losing connection.  I believe these errors are related to this and need help diagnosing them.

It seems that I replied to the wrong person below... please have a look...

Our RV340 has the latest firmware and we are using the latest AnyConnect version, but I have to reboot the router every 3 or 4 days because all AnyConnect clients keep getting dropped. I keep seeing this error "

<emergency>log_sslvpnac: facility=SslVpn;msg=FATAL sslserver.c.2489[73F79470] sslserver_thread: Error accepting connection" and then this error "

<emergency>log_sslvpnac: Last message 'facility=SslVpn;msg=' repeated 38001 times, supressed by syslog-ng on router0D906C"

38001 attempts is an issue that concerns me. This has been happening for at least a year and through at least one firmware update (Version 1.0.03.29 was applied on 2022-Nov-17). We now have 10 to 15 people working remotely 3 days per week and it is frustrating.

Our RV340 has the latest firmware and we are using the latest AnyConnect version, but I have to reboot the router every 3 or 4 days because all AnyConnect clients keep getting dropped. I keep seeing this error "

<emergency>log_sslvpnac: facility=SslVpn;msg=FATAL sslserver.c.2489[73F79470] sslserver_thread: Error accepting connection" and then this error "

<emergency>log_sslvpnac: Last message 'facility=SslVpn;msg=' repeated 38001 times, supressed by syslog-ng on router0D906C"

38001 attempts is an issue that concerns me. This has been happening for at least a year and through at least one firmware update (Version 1.0.03.29 was applied on 2022-Nov-17). We now have 10 to 15 people working remotely 3 days per week and it is frustrating.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: