cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 Subnet NAT

CrzHrs
Level 1
Level 1

I apologize if it is a double post, however i've searched a lot for an answer all along the web without finding any answer.

The goal is pretty easy: i wish to place a dhcp server on a SG350 switch and nat the whole subnet to the wan ip (no isp provider, just another router that isn't managed by me). The goal is to hide my local traffic to external antiintrusion prevention systems to a specific vlan,that is mainly made by multicasts and unicast server-client queries (and here the ips systems turn off my communication port). The choice was on the RV340 becouse many times i get more networks wan from a trunk.

RV340 doesn't have policy nat, is there any other way i could do that?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I now completely understand what you are trying to achieve. With the RV34x series so far we do not support Policy NAT that functionality is available on RV26x though. Will check with the respective teams to see if there is a plan to include this feature in the upcoming software releases.

Regards,

Martin

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

CrzHrs
Level 1
Level 1

No answer then.

Can be policy nat a feature request?

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, 

Have you considered implementing Policy-Based Routing (PBR) or 1:1 NAT (Static NAT) on RV340? With the PBR you could permit routing of packets originating from different sources to different networks and point that traffic to a specific WAN interface. Using static NAT you can map a valid WAN IP address to LAN IP addresses or a single LAN IP address.

Regards,

Martin

CrzHrs
Level 1
Level 1

First of all, thanks for the answer. 

I do not have any public ip to use, due the fact i have to isolate a part of the network. i have a classic ip address (static or dynamic) and i have to route here and there 3/4 subnets.

I have to bridge the guests into the hotel's guest network, while i nat other subnets under my control. I have some problems with intrusive firewalls that shut me down some ports, or not well managed dhcp servers, so i find my services out of avaiable ip addresses.

RV340 allows me to have multiple wans on trunk but i cant have policy NAT
RV260 allows me to have policy nat, but no multiple wans on trunk

policy routing doesn't nat. i wasn't able to let it work, i'll give another try. However, policy nat would make the machine complete.

Hello,

I now completely understand what you are trying to achieve. With the RV34x series so far we do not support Policy NAT that functionality is available on RV26x though. Will check with the respective teams to see if there is a plan to include this feature in the upcoming software releases.

Regards,

Martin