Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 - unable to login to admin portal

PlyrStar93
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been trying to login to the RV340 admin interface lately but it doesn't work. No matter I enter the correct password or the wrong password, the icon next to the login button just keeps spinning indefinitely. If I click on the username field in the meantime, the icon disappears but nothing else really happens.

Some other details:

• I have RV340 in two locations and the routers and both of them are having the same issue
  • Both routers are less than 6 months old
  • Tried multiple browsers, incl. Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer, Safari (iOS), none have worked
  • Firmware is either 1.0.03.18 or 1.0.03.20

Has this happened to anyone, and how did you guys solve it?

rv340.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello PlyrStar93,

Thank you for your input and detailed description. It seems that the HTTP/HTTPS server on the RV stuck preventing access to the device web GUI. Once you restart the device you can enable the Remote Syslog Server and enable Category "All" on Log Settings. This way you can gather any suspicious behaviour if this happens again and find eventually find the root cause. You can use TFTPd32 as a Syslog server. 

Regards,

Martin

View solution in original post

57 Replies 57

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Can you see what is the led status (PWR, DIAG, LINK/ACT of WAN1, WAN2, and LAN 1-4) on the RV340 front panel? Do you have the device up and running? Any network/Internet interruptions or network degradation issues? Have you restarted the RV?

Regards,

Martin

Hi Martin,

As of now I can only access one out of the two locations. For this location, everything seems okay--

PWR = on

DIAG = off

WAN1 = on

WAN2 = off (WAN2 is not connected)

LAN1 = on

LAN2-4 = off (not connected)

rv340.png

Devices is up and running, internet connection seems good so far.

Due to the actual environment, I cannot restart the router yet but I will try to find a window on Saturday (two days later from now) and report back the results.

I don't know when or if I can find a time to head to the other location to reboot it, but their internet is fine from what I can tell, there is also VPN connection between the two locations which is up. Since both locations are having the same issue, I am concerned that even if I bring it back by restarting, I may encounter this problem again in the future.

Thank you.

Hello PlyrStar93,

Thank you for your input and detailed description. It seems that the HTTP/HTTPS server on the RV stuck preventing access to the device web GUI. Once you restart the device you can enable the Remote Syslog Server and enable Category "All" on Log Settings. This way you can gather any suspicious behaviour if this happens again and find eventually find the root cause. You can use TFTPd32 as a Syslog server. 

Regards,

Martin

Thank you Martin, I power cycled the router and the problem resolved for now. Maybe I should set up a reboot schedule but I can't seem to find the relevant settings. I will also look into the syslog server as you suggested.

Another remark I have is this router had IPv6 enabled and the CPU usage was extremely high most of the time (~60% when it's "low" and can easily go to 100%). The sustained high CPU load may have killed off the router's HTTP(S) server but it's just my guess. I disabled IPv6 on my WAN port and the CPU usage decreased significantly (it's now sitting at 10%--20%).

I will have to see what I can do with the other location, likely find some other suitable time to head to there and power cycle it.

Hi,

I have same issue with this model

Power cycle and syslog sems to be VERY GOOD SOLUTION!!! REALLY?! WTF?!?!?!?

mfried40
Level 1
Level 1

as far as I know the Username field is case sensitive so just try logging in with "Admin" instead of "admin"

It's not that problem.

Power cycle only helps - great solution from cisco enginer!

@michal.dybus 

Where do you see that power cycle is proposed even as a solution? 

michal.dybus
Level 1
Level 1

"...Once you restart the device you can enable..."

@michal.dybus 

If you read the whole message again you will see that with saying "Once you restart the device" I meant that he must restart first because apparently the HTTP/HTTPS server stuck so to get back and login to the device and enable the syslog server he obviously has to restart it. This is not offered solution to that problem.

michal.dybus
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, the ticket is marked as resolved, so my question is where is the solution??

There is not yet a fix or a solution to this type of behaviour. We do not have filed such issues with the RV in our database nor we have cases created with the TAC. I would advice if the problem persist to open a case with TAC.

Regards,

Martin

Try the following procedure:

1. Unplug Router’s power cord

2. Plug the Router in

3. After 30 seconds, unplug the router

4. Repeat steps 2-3 for 5 more times After the 6th time, the router should be accessible.

Do I have to stand on one foot while drinking a beer too? This isn't a solution, this is a temporary work around. Not to mention my routers are all in the field at customer sites. I'm not about to roll 160 trucks so a tech can reboot a router 5 times. If I roll a truck, it will be to replace the router with a Fortinet router. Cisco is not what it used to be. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: