cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rv340 vpn pre shared key

Jarvar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I have vpn setup on several computers, but can’t seem to find where I put the key. Is there any way to retrieve this from logging into the router or configuration files? I would really prefer to retrieve it so that I don’t have to change it and reset all the other users who are already connecting.

4 Replies 4

psandel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jarvar,

My name is Puneet Sandel and I am from small business support center. Kindly let us know which client software are you using on the computers to connect to the client to site VPN configured on the RV340.

Also make sure you have configured ''User accounts'' in the router for the clients to access VPN.

In case you face issues after the proposed check,kindly contact us back again and we will assist you over the WebEx.

Regards,

Puneet Sandel

Technical Consulting Engineer

Global CX Centers – Small Business Support

I am using the windows built in L2TP/IPsec using a preshared key.

everything was setup correctly just lost the original preshared key.

is there anyway yo retrieve the passwords for the users created in user accounts as well?

Hi,

You will have to remove the username from the user account and configure the usernames and passwords again. There is no way the passwords of old usernames can be recovered or checked.

Regards,

Puneet Sandel

Is the preshared key recoverable?
Are there any models that have such features?

Thank you
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: