cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 Webfilter error: Cannot connect to host bcap15.cloudhost.com: Connection timed out

frankeyckmans
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone

We are using a RV340 to create a site-to-site VPN, which works adequately. We're routing all traffic through this tunnel, even internet traffic, so we can use the hardware on the main site to control traffic (firewall/webfilter). Hence, we don't use the webfilter in the RV340. It is disabled in the web interface, and we don't have a license for it.

However, the logs of the RV340 shows an error every few minutes:

Cannot connect to host bcap15.cloudhost.com: Connection timed out. The app name is Webfilter. Why does the RV340 try to connect to this host (which doens't seem to exist, nor has it anything to do with Cisco)? Also: it a good idea to upgrade my firmware from 1.0.01.17 to the new 1.0.01.18? I can't seem to find out which issues are adressed in this update.

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 
My name is Iliya Gatsev from Cisco Technical Support Team.

It is always good idea to upgrade to latest firmware version. No worries, this address is system address.

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco STAC Network Engineer
Together we are the human network .:|:.:|:. CISCO

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 
My name is Iliya Gatsev from Cisco Technical Support Team.

It is always good idea to upgrade to latest firmware version. No worries, this address is system address.

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco STAC Network Engineer
Together we are the human network .:|:.:|:. CISCO

l-th
Level 1
Level 1

I have this problem with the lastest firmware...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: