Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340W - 5 GHz Not broadcasting

Gordon Play
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I got the RV340W for 2 weeks, and the 5 GHz wireless no longer broadcasting suddenly.

From the front panel LED, the 2.4 GHz WLAN is ON but 5 GHz WLAN is OFF. Both radios are ON in the Wireless Settings, and I checked the Radio Status from System Summary, both wireless radios are Enabled... BUT, the MAC Address of Radio 2 (5 GHz) is EMPTY.  Is it the root cause I cannot connect by 5 GHz?

I have tried to reset everything, reload the latest firmware, and use the default factory setting (just enable the SSID) for test, and of coz, there is no 5 GHz signal.

From the first day I bought, the 5 GHz was worked normally. But I am not sure what "others" setting "triggered"it gone. I have Site-to-site connection, Cisco EasyVPN, Multi VLAN... 

By the way, can anyone tell me, your RV340W will show the MAC Address in System Summary > Radio Status > Radio 2 (5 GHz)?

Thanks,

Gordon

2 Replies 2

whizmika
Level 1
Level 1

The issue I am encountering is even worse. After being stable for a few days, the router said all Ethernet connections, wired and wireless, were functioning but yet it's disconnected from all clients and not reachable, and this happened to both the unit I purchased from the retail store and the replacement unit from the local Cisco authorized dealer. I am trying to figure out if another hard reset to factory setting on the replacement unit will resolve this. 

Both units were on the latest 0.17 firmware. 

Yes, my final solution is Replacement too. Everything are work in recent 6 months.

Thanks to the Cisco Support for very fast responses and helps. 

Just, however, this is the 2nd product make me disappointed on RV serials, the first one is RV130W.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: