cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340W cannot connect to internet after firmware latest upgrade

JackieLao4196
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot connect to internet after firmware latest upgrade.  Before the upgrade, it is connected to internet so that the firmware can be downloaded.  After upgrade, the WAN1 is up but the computer connected to the router cannot connect to the internet.

Can anyone give me suggestion on how to fix it?

Thanks.

Jackie

9 Replies 9

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

check the config again, see if the local IP address Natted ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

The setting didn’t change, ie local up, gateway, DNS as it is upgraded firmware only.

All NAT in Wan1 and 2 are enabled.  

check you have reachability from RV itself can ping to internet ?

BB

Yes, I can ping and nslookup using the router. I can ping the DNS server of my ISP. However, I cannot reach to any website using the browser.

Can you show us what is your IP address range LAN Side , WAN IP range,

if the PC you trying to browse can you post ipconfig /all screen shot.

From PC you able to ping the site like google.co.uk ?

BB

Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, sorry to hear.

Please confirm if you run 1.0.03.15 sw version.

Please confirm you can access the router GUI from a PC connected to the LAN. In the diagnostics menu you can ping various hosts in your LAN and on the Internet. Try to Ping a public IP address, e.g. 8.8.8.8 from the routers GUI.

Please confirm that after you restarted the device ( power off/on ) the WAN connection is still not working.

Please share the WAN config ( DHCP, ... )

Best

Jo

I'm having exactly the same issue, i'm able to ping 8.8.8.8 from my router and my PC however i'm not able to access websites or browse the internet. I have attached images of my WAN config and ping response. 

Hi NickLowther,

Is that a new PPPoE WAN connectivity installation on the RV and did you get this issue after upgrading to the latest sw version (1.0.03.21)? Can you try ping URL instead of IP address for example www.yahoo.com? 

At first sight, it seems like a DNS issue.

Regards,

Martin

Hi Martin,

I set it up using the setup wizard and I entered the DNS details provided from the ISP. I’m back there tomorrow so can try then.

Any others ideas why it it wouldn’t work.

I have my ISP router in bridge mode plugged into WAN1.