cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

ANNOUNCEMENTS

• New Firmware Available for the RV340 Series Router Family! posted Apr 30, 2019
This includes the RV340, RV340W, RV345, and RV345P. To learn more and get the latest Firmware version click here

• Important Update: Cisco RV340 Series and Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client posted Nov 10, 2018
The RV340 Series supports Remote Tunnel Termination of the best-selling and easy to use Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client... read more
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

RV340W Firmware update issue

Hi,

I just performed a firmware update to an RV340W remotely. It appears the router has not returned to service for some reason. I have had someone at the site where the router is located to reboot it as well. Any ideas? I should also add the firmware was downloaded by the router directly from Cisco.

On a similar note, I have a new RV340W in hand that I am trying to apply a saved backup to however it is failing. Any ideas on that one?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Re: RV340W Firmware update issue

Hi,

It is not recommended to upgrade the firmware on the Router remotely, in case remote connectivity goes off somehow then the up-gradation process will get interrupted which can damage the Router.

What is the firmware version you are trying to upgrade?

Please try to upgrade the firmware on the RV340W Router via LAN from a directly connected PC.

Regarding your second issue, I hope you are selecting the correct startup file backed up from the previous Router; whether Router is showing any error on the GUI when the process is failing?

You may contact us following the below mentioned link to open a support case with us to troubleshoot on this issue…

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html