cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340W VPN Router

itbookham
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for a vpn solution for my client. He needs to connect three laptops in the field (remotely) to a dedicated license server in another location. At the moment he uses Windows 10 builtin vpn but this doesn't handle three concurrent connections to the license server at the same time.

At the moment he has a dynamic public ip address, but he is upgrading his isp contract so that he is assigned a static public ip address. The license 'server' is the host that the three users need to connect to using vpn. Presumably the Cisco RV340W VPN Router can replace builtin Windows 10 vpn technology. Presumably the router is quite simple to configure? Does this router need AnyConnect licensing and if so what is the cost for three users?

Many thanks.

1 Reply 1

itbookham
Level 1
Level 1

Presumably I can run this Cisco VPN Firewall in front of a Windows 10 laptop. In other words to set up a vpn tunnel to the laptop doesn't require a Windows Server behind the Cisco VPN Firewall?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: