Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345: Computers not accessible over VPN

ales.honsa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
I have router RV345. There is one local network VLAN1 192.168.1.0 with gate 192.168.1.1. I also created client to site VPN based on L2TP with IPSec. This is network 10.0.1.0 with gate 10.0.1.1.
VPN works correctly. But problem is that by VPN are some VLAN1 devices not accessible. Specially:
- I can access all connected NAS. I also see mobile phones, etc. So this is OK.
- I'm not able connect to computers by VPN. Computers are Win 10 (various editions). This is problem that I need to solve.
- I also don't see Mikrotic router that is connected in VLAN1 in mode as wifi access point.
When I'm connected directly in VLAN1 I can see and connect all above listed devices (NAS, computers, etc.) of course. Problem is only when I want access remotely by VPN.
When I ping any of not accessible computer there is response "request time out". When I try tracert command there is for example response:
1. 60ms 49ms 44ms 10.0.1.1
2. * * * Request time out
3. * * * Request time out
30. * * * Request time out

For example tracert on one NAS with IP 192.168.1.101 that I'm able to access returns:
1. 47ms 52ms 46ms 10.0.1.1
2. 72ms 44ms 47ms WDMyCloud [192.168.1.101]

Does somebody have idea how to solve that problem, please? Is there necessary some additional setup in the router, or in the computer that I want to access?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Check FW of window it allow ping .

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Check FW of window it allow ping .

Yes, correct - it was done by ESET firewall. I set VPN subnet as trusted set of IPs and now it is working. Computer can be listed by scan, ping also works, and I can access it by VPN.

There only remains how to do Wake On Lan over VPN. I found few solutions that require some setup on router.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: