Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345 Failover Setup

goodguy355
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

I'm trying to set up failover for the RV345 router, so that when WAN1 goes down, everything switches to WAN2 (our second MSP). When I physically disconnect WAN1, it doesn't failover to WAN2.

In the Status and Statistics > System Summary page, it shows that the Multi-WAN status for WAN2 is offline even though I can ping the IP of WAN2. Can this have any effect on why it's not failing over? I've tried releasing and renewing the IP as well, but to no avail. WAN1 and WAN2 are set to precedence 1 and 2, respectively. I've attached a few screenshots of my configuration, and i'm currently on firmware version 1.0.03.16.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you sure you able to ping ( i am thinking, since its Public IP, this can be pingable from other WAN Also)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I can ping the WAN2 IP, and both DNS servers, but not the default gateway. What should I try pinging as a test?

check WAN 2 configuration, you should able to ping gateway of the provider. so WAN 2 will be active, so your config works as expected, since WAN1 fails, failover to WAN2, if the device configured correctly.

BB

Before I contact my ISP about why I can't ping their default gateway when plugged into WAN2, is there anything incorrect about my config? Should the "Multi-WAN status" be online instead of offline? I plugged the WAN2 cable into my laptop, and the service is active.

for now, we can not say what is wrong there, since your posted images show online, not the config how you configured with your ISP.

A quick test is, shutdown WAN1 and check you able to send traffic via WAN2 and become active?

BB

FOR ME IS THE SAME PROBLEM, is NOT WORKING , HOW CAN ENABLE DE WAN1 AS A PRIMARY AND THIS CONNECTION GOES DOWN AND USE THE WAN2 AS A FAILOVER, BECAUSE NOW IS ONLY WORKING IN THE WAN2 AND WHEN UNPLUG THE CABLE FROM DE WAN2 NEVER CHANGE TO WAN1

jamesward
Level 1
Level 1

I have a similar problem except in my case the RV345 isn't even getting a DHCP address for WAN2 despite the link being up and everything being fine with that connection.

Anyone find a resolution to this problem?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: