cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345 Firmware Suggestion: Dynamic DNS Support for 1984 FreeDNS

parkernathan
Level 1
Level 1

1984 Hosting offers free DNS hosting and free Dynamic DNS service through its FreeDNS service:

https://1984hosting.com/product/freedns/

I may be interested in their free Dynamic DNS service in the future. It would be great if the RV345 firmware (that's the router I use) offered support for their Dynamic DNS service.

Thanks!

Nathan Parker
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Nathan,

Since you have purchased the Umbrella RV branch license, the only thing left to do is to open up a case with us so that we can assist you to load the license onto the router to use Dynamic DNS service through Cisco Umbrella. 

You can contact our front line number provided in the below link so that assistance can be provided to you regarding the same.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Please mark this post as helpful/solution as it will help others too on the forum.

Regards,

Puneet Sandel

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

psandel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nathan,

My name is Puneet Sandel and I am from Cisco small business technical support center.

As per your query I will like make you aware that RV345 support DynDNS (ChangeIP.com, DynDNS.com, No-IP.com, dnsomatic).

Also in case you have only Cisco small business router then Cisco offers you a Umbrella license and then you can have the advantage of detailed security reporting for all hosts behind the router. For customers using only the RV routers, an affordable Cisco Umbrella branch license is available.

Umbrella RV Branch License

UMB-BRAN-RV

1-Year Cisco RV-Branch license. Uses Cisco Umbrella Licensing.

I can understand and very well aware about various free DynDNS hosting and service provider companies but Cisco has its own openDNS/DynDNS service for the customers.

Earlier in older RV series routers there was a functionality of Open DNS which customers could use to solve the issue of having Dynamic DNS but Cisco recently rolled Cisco Umbrella service for using DynDNS with high end routers.

Also since Umbrella can be used with both enterprise and small business devices for DynDNs therefore Cisco provides License for this enhanced feature for RV34x series routers.

Note: Please mark this post as the solution as it will help others having the same query. Any helpful votes will be appreciated too.

Regards,

Puneet Sandel

Sounds good. I just purchased the RV Branch Umbrella license from my Cisco Partner.

The only router I use is the RV345 (I am about to use a Cisco CBW240 AC WAP for Wi-Fi, but I only use the RV345 for the actual router). Once I receive the RV Branch License from my Cisco Partner, what will I need to do to link it to the RV345?

Are you also saying that the RV Branch License will include something similar to "DynDNS" but from Cisco, plus the other benefits of Umbrella?

Thanks!

Nathan Parker

Hi Nathan,

Since you have purchased the Umbrella RV branch license, the only thing left to do is to open up a case with us so that we can assist you to load the license onto the router to use Dynamic DNS service through Cisco Umbrella. 

You can contact our front line number provided in the below link so that assistance can be provided to you regarding the same.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Please mark this post as helpful/solution as it will help others too on the forum.

Regards,

Puneet Sandel

Sounds great. My Cisco Partner is in the process of sending me over the RV Umbrella Branch License. Once I receive it, I will reach out to TAC and get it linked up.

Thanks again for your assistance!

Nathan Parker

Update: I did purchase the Cisco Umbrella RV Branch License and successfully set this up. Thanks again!

Nathan Parker
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: