cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Get the latest Cisco news in this December issue of the Cisco Small Business Monthly Newsletter

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

RV345 Issues with Site-to-Site VPN Connections

Howdy folks! I'm at a remote office, and we have two site-to-site VPN tunnels configured on the RV345 router. Both tunnels are configured to the same Remote Endpoint, but with different remote subnets (no overlap). Since the installation of the router, which replaced a defective RV042G (same configuration), we've been experiencing two issues.

The first, and biggest issue, is that both tunnels seem to randomly disconnect without any clear cause. The logs don't indicate any issue that caused the disconnect. So I find I must re-connect the VPN at the start of each day. We have the keep-alive setting configured to check every 120 minutes. I'm stumped on this one.

The second issue relates to the router reporting the VPN connection status. After clicking the "Connect" button for both tunnels, the GUI updates and only shows one tunnel as "Connected". This was also confirmed via the cli command "show site-to-site-state". One tunnel reports the status "DOWN", while the other is "UP". However, our local client machines are able to connect to the subnets configured for both tunnels, so I believe the tunnel reporting "DOWN" is erroneous.

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue? I'd love to hear any thoughts for addressing these issues.

Thank you

Everyone's tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Re: RV345 Issues with Site-to-Site VPN Connections

Hi  merrican86,

I'd suggest to call our support centre and log a service request so an engineer can take a look at the configuration for the S2S VPNs and assist you in resolving both issues.

Thank you,

Kris